What a wreck (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airfix has an established reputation for excellent customer service. Get in touch with them and see what they say. In my experience, they'll replace any parts or decals that aren't up to snuff.

That's a quality issue known as a "short shot" and is exactly that - the plastic did not make it into all areas of the mold. The flash can be expected for an old mold but short shots should warrant a replacement.

I'd send their customer service an e-mail with pics and see what happens.

By the way. I'd have a word with your hobby shop owner as well. To sell something like that for 11 bucks, no returns, is pretty shifty in my eyes.

Last edited:
Yeah it doesn't remind me of a good stunt someone tried to pull here.

Hopefully you can get it fixed asap. The Italeri Ju-52 "Toucan" kit I highly recomend :) amazing kit and for 20 bucks its a steal in 1/72 really nice detail on her :)

That's what I've heard as well, their customer service is topnotch!

Dodgy stuff by that hobby shop with that sale though!

Agreed with all, at the very least the shop could have exchanged kits with you. (Assuming they had another) Never dealt with Airfix, but it sounds like plenty of the guys have with good results.
You should have a new kit in plenty of time for the G.B.

airfix is top notch with replacing parts, i had bought a ju 52 at a hobby show from a vendor there, was missing an aileron and after e-mailing recieved a replacement part within a week

Airfix used to always provide a request slip in the packaging (and have started to do so again I believe) which allowed the part number(s) to be written in, and a brief explanation of the problem. This was returned to them, and they would then send the replacement parts free of charge, normally within days. In extreme cases, they would replace the entire kit.
The longest I had to wait was around 5 weeks, for a replacement canopy missing from the 1/48th scale Tornado. The kit had been out of production for some time, hence the delay. They actually keep a certain number of OOP kits, just for such problems.
You shouldn't have a problem obtaining a replacement, given they have one in stock.

I figure they will prob do the right thing. Just not happy with the delay that I will face.

One of the problems I was going to have, was learning how to do my own decals. I will have to buy a program as my computer does not have anything I can use to manipulate text to get different fonts and such the do the right decals for Hitlers aircraft. No one makes them or anything close. SO I will take the delay and figure out what I am doing......... duh????

I figure they will prob do the right thing. Just not happy with the delay that I will face.

One of the problems I was going to have, was learning how to do my own decals. I will have to buy a program as my computer does not have anything I can use to manipulate text to get different fonts and such the do the right decals for Hitlers aircraft. No one makes them or anything close. SO I will take the delay and figure out what I am doing......... duh????

Rusty, let me know what type of decals you need. I have a good selection of LW for 1/72 and 1/48. Only a few cents to send to Las Vegas!

I had the same problem with an airfix sm79 kit. Took it back and my shop offered replacement. We checked every other of that kit and they were all the same, so I took my store credit.

Great offer Chris, and well worth considering Rusty, as 'home made' decals might not be 'up to scratch' on this particular model. Not that there's anything wrong with home made items, but the density, and carrier film, could have problems coping with the corrugated surface on the Ju52. And, of course, it's not possible to print white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back