What about this Spitfire and P-40B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gijive

Airman 1st Class
I would like to take credit but I just bought these from a guy in BC Canada off flea bay and am looking forward to seeing them in my office. Spit is Airfix Eduard and P-40 is Acadamy. Both 1/48

Attachments

• 333593427_o.jpg
    333593427_o.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 333593342_o.jpg
    333593342_o.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 333593500_o.jpg
    333593500_o.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 242
  • 333598629_o.jpg
    333598629_o.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 333598829_o.jpg
    333598829_o.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 333598671_o.jpg
    333598671_o.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 333598718_o.jpg
    333598718_o.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 263
Nice man, they look real sweet!

Given the diecast level of detail and price they are pretty good in comparison.

8)

I think if it was not for Canadian post being on the dear side, compared to US post then it woud be a real seal. The Acadamy P-40 is about £10 - £14 unbult and the Eduard/Airfix ranges on the sites I looked at from £18 to £32 unmade. If they turn out as nice as they look in the pics I will be happy. I plan to weather the P-40 and maybe create a diarama with it. The spit I will leave alone for now.

I had to bid and go to bed so i really did not think I would win both.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380185984569&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not bad, but I agree with Dan on all points. I think the Spit panel lines will need a bit more than just dust though! Even the Hong Kong - based 80 Sqn Spits were 'smooth looking', dirt or no dirt, so the panels are a tad heavy!
Do you mind me asking why you bought them though, as pre-built kits, when you could have buil them yourself? Please don't think I'm being negative, I'm just curious and it just seems a bit odd - diecasts I could understand, for a ready made display model.

Not bad, but I agree with Dan on all points. I think the Spit panel lines will need a bit more than just dust though! Even the Hong Kong - based 80 Sqn Spits were 'smooth looking', dirt or no dirt, so the panels are a tad heavy!
Do you mind me asking why you bought them though, as pre-built kits, when you could have built them yourself? Please don't think I'm being negative, I'm just curious and it just seems a bit odd - diecasts I could understand, for a ready made display model.

Short answer, I like them!

Long answer, I run two businesses and don't get around to making models that often, so they will give me a lot of pleasure stood on my speakers next to the computer screen. I already made a 1/72 AVG model last year and did not really want to waste time doing another when I could possibly do something else. I have 24 boxed models to make sat on the shelf, so these will fill a space till they get made or sold on e-bay. Having seen what daft prices people will pay for 1/48 built models I recon I could easy get my money back if I ever sell them on e-bay. Not so sure you can always do that with corgi diecast, some have gone down in value as they brought out cheap versions of the same models which previously were limited edition. Yes I can see that if you area dedicated model builder, who is expert and has time to spend creating these wonderful models it may seem a bit strange to you.

....not bad...probably feels he couldn't achieve the same finish, Terry....and think of all the time and effort saved!:D
...that said, know where you're coming from though, Terry.

Oh I can do work as good if not better, it's having the time, now back to sorting my accounts before Jan30th !!!!:shock:

My next plan is to pump out 3 planes all at once, all in North Africa colour scheme, 2 Kittys and a P-51 all 1/72- clear that shelf! Might have it done by this time next year LOL8)

Oh I can do work as good if not better, it's having the time, now back to sorting my accounts before Jan30th !!!!:shock:

My next plan is to pump out 3 planes all at once, all in North Africa colour scheme, 2 Kittys and a P-51 all 1/72- clear that shelf! Might have it done by this time next year LOL8)

Oh, no disrespect intended to your skills.....my friend....hope we will see some of your work in the near future!:D

There was a restaurant at a local dogpatch in need of some heavy theme improvements. So, I grabbed every kit I could find in the large scale stuff (1/32 and up), built and gave them to the proprietor. He made these little clear plexi displays for them that were, in effect, little shelves tailored to each model's landing gear foot-print. Anyway, after all was said and done he ended up with about 40 planes of various scales from 1/32 up to 1/4, the latter being flying model kits bashed into displays. One day he up and gave me $2,500.00 for the lot stating that the aesthetic value was worth immeasurably more to him but he wanted to cover my costs.

Don't under-estimate the intrinsic value of the art, nor the passion in the soul for what it represents. Those who have no skills but enjoy the finished product will and do buy it. Look at the companies carving/molding/die-casting examples that have no where near the scale detail and look of some of the models viewable on this site alone. But, those companies remain solvent because they have a market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back