What camo colors on this odd bird? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
OK, two questions:

1) Do you see a two-tone camo scheme on the upper surface of the XP-56? I see one, but it's not as pronounced as the one on the Northrop manufactured Vultee Vengeances.

2) Which brings me to the next question: What three colors are used (two on the upper surface one on the bottom surface)? Initially I thought they were the same colors used on the Vengeance (Which incidently would be what? RAF, RAAF or USAAF colors?), but in the picture you can see marked (tonal?) difference. What are your thoughts? Help a brother out here! :lol:

The photo below is from Gerald H. Balzer's (excellent) book "American Secret Pusher Fighters of WWII: XP-54, XP-55, and XP-56" Sorry about the picture size…:oops:

XP-56 wVengeance 1a.jpg

Now that I looked, this pic looks two-tone also.

Attachments

• XP56.jpg
    XP56.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 307
Verner,

Where did you get that picture??????? :shock: That is like the holy grail of what I'm looking for! Have any others that I may have not seen? Where did that one come from?

Jim

Not sure-sorry. Got it before I realized that I should probably keep track of such things. If I find out - will post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back