What country produced your favourite aircraft?

Which country produced your favorite aircraft?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Watanbe

Senior Airman
Apr 24, 2007
Adelaide
What country/countries produced your favourite planes of the war.

My list goes something this

British (like Spit, hurri, Tempest, Lanc, Wellington, Mossie, Beaufighter seriously who can hate)
Germans
Americans
Russians
French
Japanese

Most of my favourite a/c are American and British, and usually the lesser known/unsung types, eg Vengeance, Baltimore, Beaufort, P-40, Buffalo etc. Apart from that I like alot of the Japanese stuff and the Boomerang and Wirraway from Oz.

US. Reliable, generally good range and got better as the war went on. Mass produced and improved steadily. Most of the major producers could claim that as well. But the US also upgraded and introduced new models all the way through the war.

Germany produced more advanced aircraft but were really trying to fight a 1940 war with 1950 aircraft, at least towards the end. Never produced a strategic bomber and had problems bringing the new models into service and ending production of older models. Most problems of this nature were political.

Britian is a close second but loses big points for never developing a long range fighter. Might lose points for production levels but then would gain them back for efficiency of that production.

Soviets made good, solid aircraft. Easy to use, easy to maintain. Did the job. But never produced a strategic bomber of any consequence.

Japan was even when the war started, maybe even ahead with the Zero and Betty. But couldn't keep up. The designs were good, but the manufacturing capacity just wasn't there. Admin/Planning was average at best as well. Never developed a strategic bomber (or even a decent large bomb either).

God it is so hard to choose my favourites, I guess I like 'curavceous' fuselage designs because as I sit thinking the Beaufighter, B-26 and Breguet 693 are in my head, from fighters I like the look of the Spit Hurri, obviously, but also the Hawker F2/43 Fury (Napier Sabre model), He 100 and P-39.

sabrefury.jpg

What country/countries produced your favourite planes of the war.

My list goes something this

British (like Spit, hurri, Tempest, Lanc, Wellington, Mossie, Beaufighter seriously who can hate)
Germans
Americans
Russians
French
Japanese

Hello Watanbe

Aussie ehh.. well then don't forget your very indigenous flying object the BOOMERANG. :)

As for me it would be Germany and the USA or USA and Germany, whatever, all the other countries just produced flying machines not really AIRCRAFTS.

Okay now let's lean back and wait for the Englanders to come :D :rightfighter2: :angryfire:

Regards
Kruska

A tough call, but I prefer practical, efficient a/c over flashy prima donnas...So, it's gotta be the USA.

Lightning
Thunderbolt
Mustang
Corsair
Hellcat
Avenger
Mitchell
Invader

Pretty good stuff...

EDIT: can't believe I forgot the the C-47! Sheesh...

Hey, isn't the P-38 flashy :D

I prefer the products with 'Made in USA' label on it. Even more if the front is occupied by a big radial engine.

Hard to choose a single aircraft but for general purposes my top 3 would be:

Germany - love the Fw 190, Me 410 and Fw 200, among others.

Britain - Love the Hurricane.

USA - favs are the P-51 and P-40

For me it has to be Germany because she produced my favorite aircraft including the:

Bf 109G
Fw 190D
Ta 152H
Ju 88

After that I like:

2. USA
3. England
4. Japan
5. Italy
6. Russia
7. France

Hello D.A.I.G.

Is there a chance for multiple entries? :) Germany USA alike

I do favor the 190D-11 just as much as a P-51H
And the same would go for a 190A-8 to a F4U

Regards
Kruska

Germany.

Bf-109
Fw-190
Fw-190D
Ta-152
Do-335
He-162
Me-262
Ar-234
Ho-229 (I know it was still in prototype phase, but still)

Then I would go with.

USA
Japan
UK
Italy
Russia
France

Ya know a bit of prejudiced nationalistic pride had me vote US as my favorite WW2 aircraft the P-38 was built by my former employer, but I have great admiration for many aircraft produced during WW2.

P-38
B-29
Fw190D
Spitfire Mk I
Lysander
PBY
Me163
P-47
Mc202

except for the first 3 no order

cheers for adding the poll Adler. Kruska I love the Boomerang and Wirriway but something about the British designs also interested me and took my fancy over the others. I didnt want to be typical and turn it into a vote for you nation thing haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back