"What if" Group Build..... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
I did NOT know that Israel considered for quite some time buying the J-29! :shock: Quite nice camouflage too....!

Now, think that a "what if" group build is in the pipe soon....:oops::lol:

I'll have to add a 1/48 J29 and the TSR-2 that Sweden was thinking of buying to my Christmas wish list for Santa this year!

Attachments

• Israeli J29 Tunnan.jpg
    Israeli J29 Tunnan.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 282
Why not make it open? I'd suggest that the only constraints are that it should be plausible, rather than 'over the top' with 'hybrid' types. In other words, no cross between a Hunter and a Draken, for example. It would be nice if there were also 'believable' stories/scenarios behind the subject, such as the RAAF consiering the TSR 2, and 'what if' they had bought them, and so on.
Count me in, as I've already got a couple of things on a list... RAF F5, Luftwaffe licence-built Zero, RAF F111 etc.
Now, how do I obtain much more room in my house.......

Humm, if Jan is going for what if then he should build this one. For some reason the number seems familar.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 256
An Israeli B-17??? I've never heard of that one Paul! Have they modified the nose turret with some form of radar too?

I like the idea as Terry laid out. I'll drop my Horten IX in if that's alright Jan.

Have a few those fighters etc., that Sweden wanted to buy before WWII....but, due to historic events, well you know. :lol: Just need to find out which were on our shopping list. 8)

I do not have time at the moment to work on the Heavy Hitters GB so I am working on my "what if" I started this time last year. I pick up the Revell F4U, 1/48 scale, with folding wings after reading a thread about what if the Army used the F4U in Europe. Since I had a set of decals for a P-47, I thought why not. I do not any photos from the beginning of the build but I should have some to post next week. I pick the plane up at 50% off, $7.00. The kit is terrible as stated in other threads.

Since this is ground based, I glued the wings down. One wing turned out well and the other was all messed up. I had to use putty and sand papper. What fun was that? The next step was the remove the tail hook. I inserted plastic in the tail and applied putty. After a little sanding and shaping, it looked ok. I filled the holes for the rockets but that did not turn out so well. I will have to go it again. I could see the holes after I applied the thin coat of white paint. The final bird will be painted as a member of the 61st FS, 56th FG. I hope to post pictures next week.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back