What is the best beer in the World?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aggie08

Staff Sergeant
Apr 15, 2005
Texas
All you Europeans, what're the choice beers over there? Americans too, what's yalls favorites? I'm stickin with the Texas brewed Shiner Bock...after that Keystone cause its so wonderfully cheap!

Stella Artois, Grolsch, Guiness, 1664, Carlsberg, Carlsberg Export, Black Sheep ...well ...erh, I just like a whole lot of beer.

Sam Adams is the best beer in the world.

I also like Budweiser cause it has the most consistant taste for a global beer.

When lounging on the beaches in tropical asia, Tiger beer (Singapore), Bintang (Indonesia) and San Miguel (Philipines) are all nice when its hot and humid out.

I drank a lot of Stella Artois when I was working in French Guiana. It tasted good down there. But the stuff for sale here in America, it tastes bad.

syscom3 said:
I also like Budweiser cause it has the most consistant taste for a global beer.

You really are American, Jesus Christ! Budweiser is piss water! It is the shittiest beer on the planet. Just the taste of the beer is nasty!

The best beers are Kristal Weizen, Stuttgarter Hoffbrau, most German Pils's, Warsteiner, Schwaben Brau, and Paulaner!

For American beers I will give you Sam Adams, I can atleast drink it. I do like Foggy Bottom also. However Sam Adams does not come close to a good German Pils or Kristal Weizen. The flavor is just not there.

Also Guiness, Killkenny, and Murphey's Irish Red from the United Kingdom are good beers.

Agreed the stuff is nasty unless you are talking about the Real Original Budweiser from the Czech Republic that actually tastes like a good Pils. All Anheizer Busch was able to due was steal the name but they can not copy the taste of the real Budweiser.

Your hatred of Budweiser is irrational. Its a mediocre beer thats consistantly mediocre. Thats what makes it great. You know what it will be tasting like before you drink it (anywhere in the world). I think youve listened to too much german propaganda!!!

:))

syscom3 said:
Your hatred of Budweiser is irrational. Its a mediocre beer thats consistantly mediocre. Thats what makes it great. You know what it will be tasting like before you drink it (anywhere in the world). I think youve listened to too much german propaganda!!!

:))

Yes but that propaganda is atleast true. Budweiser sucks and the Germans know how to make beer and are experts in it. Even when I lived in the US I hated Budweiser. Budweiser Sucks! :p

Budweiser sucks. Now having said that, I find that a lot of American and Canadian beers suck. Especially the mass market ones. There are a few good ones though, but I find that they mostly come from microbreweries or people's basements. =P~

Yes even mass market German beers that are made mostly for export such as Becks and Bitburger that you can commonly find in the United States suck! That I can completely agree with. The great thing about German beer though is that every town has there own brewery and most of the small town beers are really good like the Monk beer that is brewed in a Monestary near where I live, Damn it is really good.

Now having said that BUDWEISER REALLY DOES SUCK AND THE NAME IS STOLEN FROM A CZECH BREWERY! :p

Shiner Bock is available only in Texas and maybe a few surrounding states I believe, I know Oklahoma gets it in 3 point form as opposed to its usual 6. I had my first Warsteiner the other day- dang, one of the best beers I've ever had but it knocked me on my tail! Anyone know how strong that stuff is?

Spaten, Pilsner Urquell, the English and Irish reds...

But there is a nice story...

At the Beer congress the boss of Budweiser, Heineken and Guinness decide to take a break, sit down and have a chat. So they sit in the bar and when the waiter came: 'A Bud, the king of beers' say Mr.Budweiser, 'Heineken, the best pils' say Mr Heineken.
After a few seconds Mr Guinness say ' A coke for me'
The other two are startled ' a COKE?' ' Well guys, since here nobody seems to be in the mood for a beer...'

Aggie08 said:
Shiner Bock is available only in Texas and maybe a few surrounding states I believe, I know Oklahoma gets it in 3 point form as opposed to its usual 6. I had my first Warsteiner the other day- dang, one of the best beers I've ever had but it knocked me on my tail! Anyone know how strong that stuff is?

It is only 5.6 percent. One of the best beers though. I buy it by the rack over here. The monk beer that I get by the keg for parties and BBQs at the monestary near where I live is almost 11 percent! Crazy 11 percent for a beer.

Well, you can normally tell with the cans of Artois. The real, brewed in Belgium, Stella cans are lumpy on the ensignia while those brewed in Britain are flat.

And millions of consumers could be wrong, and are wrong. They drink Bud to look 'cool' because they're drinking beer, which is actually just water and won't get them too drunk, if at all.

Maybe they drink it cause it tastes good.

Anyone old enough to remember that old beer commercial "Tastes great!.....Less Filling!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back