What is the best driving music? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
If you could only have one CD (or whatever) in your car or bike, what would we find on it?
What is the best driving music?

Jan, I actually made a CD that I crank up when I leave work for the day - gets me going!

"Its a Long Way To the Top if You Want to Rock -n - Roll" - AC/DC
"Calling to You" - Robert Plant
"21 Things" - Alanis Morrisette
"I Need Love" - Donna Summer
"Shaft" - Isaac Hayes
"Neon Knights" - Black Sabbath
"Electric Eye" - Judas Priest
"Nobody's Fault" - Aerosmith

Last edited:
Good question, but it all depends on what I'm driving and where I'm driving...

In a performance car canyon/mountain roads, I like aggressive music (Prodigy, White Zombie, etc) but for long highway drives I like more relaxed music (Delerium, Anushka Shankar, etc)

For it would have to consist only of some form of these bands.

Classic Rock
Hard Rock
Heavy Metal

My Jeep has a 6 CD Changer and the CDs are mixed between these 3 Genre. Each CD has about 14 to 17 songs on it and heavy in the rotation are:

Metallica
AC/DC
Guns N Roses
Queen
Pink Floyd
Megadeth
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi
Journey
REO Speedwagon
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Deep Purple
Kiss
Foreigner
Bad Company
Black Sabbath
Ozzy
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden

Since my sound system in my Jeep plays MP3 and DVD's I think I need to burn 6 DVDs and just use them. That way I can literally have Gigs of music and just let all the good rock anthems play.

For it would have to consist only of some form of these bands.

Classic Rock
Hard Rock
Heavy Metal

My Jeep has a 6 CD Changer and the CDs are mixed between these 3 Genre. Each CD has about 14 to 17 songs on it and heavy in the rotation are:

Metallica
AC/DC
Guns N Roses
Queen
Pink Floyd
Megadeth
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi
Journey
REO Speedwagon
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Deep Purple
Kiss
Foreigner
Bad Company
Black Sabbath
Ozzy
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden

Hmmm...I'm detecting a theme. Wot, no Abba? How about some Soft Cell or Culture Club?

Running away bravely now....!

Dire Straits or Oscar Peterson, maybe Vera Lynn or Meat Loaf for singing along at full throat/throttle on the Autobahn, and/or Glenn Miller for the curvy, sunny country roads. :)
Ah waitaminnit: The old R1150RT had a radio and speakers, and Chuck Berry's "No Particular Place To Go had us bouncing, bopping and singing along, much to the great amusement of the "cagers" around us, whenever we stopped for the red light on our way to Langelinie, Copenhagen. :lol:

Last edited:
Dire Straits or Oscar Peterson, maybe Vera Lynn or Meat Loaf for singing along at full throat/throttle on the Autobahn, and/or Glenn Miller for the curvy, sunny country roads. :)
Ah waitaminnit: The old R1150RT had a radio and speakers, and Chuck Berry's "No Particular Place To Go had us bouncing, bopping and singing along, much to the great amusement of the "cagers" around us, whenever we stopped for the red light on our way to Langelinie, Copenhagen. :lol:

D*mn Maria, your feet must be spinning like (insert your choice of word here) pedaling that beemer bike of yours on Autobahn....!

(((dust cloud))))-----------------------zzziiiiiiiiip!----------->>>

Have any of you heard of the Aussie group "Grinspoon". They would be on there somewhere. Crowded House, Blink 182, Killers for sure, Otis reading, a dash of Greenday maybe a little Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz,. Oh not forgetting some Foo Fighter and a soupçon of Euro Dance.

But all due respect guys, but CDs?

There's about 4Gb on my USB memory stick. Make up the play lists to suit your mood or just play the lot in random.

I go with individual songs as opposed to a whole band selection. Thats why the mix.

Chris, where's the Zeppelin?!!! :):)

I did forget them up there. I believe I took them off the last 6 CD's I burned for my Car, but they were on there the last time. I always make new ones every few months.

OMG, they took away my vinyl and now they want my CDs!!!!! :)

I can't stand MP3s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back