What is this German archive (apparently) footage?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JBru

Recruit
Dec 30, 2022
I'm not an authority on WW2 aircraft but came across this footage in a truly bad (imo) Youtube channel (link below). It scrambles together archive footage attributing it to other events, such as; 1:27, images of B-24 bombers associated with text descriptive of Luftwaffe aircraft attacking, "Across the channel." Or, at 8:27, images of B17's intimated as the first opponents of the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain. Moreover... 1:48, are those really Polish officers pictured as Nazis??!! The footage I'm really wondering about is at 1:37. I don't understand the use of the Iron Cross as opposed to the standard Luftwaffe Cross. Is this a Fw190 S-5 with Fw 190 footage appended? The cowling isn't right. What is this footage, of what, where and when was it recorded? It's very confusing. I'd be grateful for any insight. Thanks.
The link is:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dyIJCQcunk

The most interesting thing is the "U-boat" looking device. That was a Luftwaffe emergency sea resque. They were floating at given positions in the sea, so tha downed aircrews could stay there (provision of food, water radio etc.) until they were picked up by the resque teams.

I saw a modern documentary about these rescue buoys. I think one is preserved in England. There was a wartime British film about an aircrew using one of these also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back