What is your favourite food?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll eat just about anything, or at least try it once. But if I had to choose a favorite it would be Prime Rib (medium rare) with plenty of horseradish, with either garlic mashed potatoes or a sweet potato and some nice fresh green beans.

Karl (Rochie), come cook for me!!!!!

Actually, my rule over the past couple years has been when I go into a restaurant, I never order the same thing twice, just to expand on the experience of trying new things.

My favorite is probably a good weiner schnitzel with home made spaetzle and german fried potatoes, next a couple more traditional French dishes that my mother used to make, One was Veau Vol au Vent. Veal with mushrooms,some olives in a pastry like shell, next Encornet a L'Amoricaine. A spicy squid dish served over rice. Yeah I enjoy sushi,steaks,Italian but those 3 I could eat often.

As promised, the Goulash Recipe:

Goulash Recipe.jpg

My wifes addition (below) to my mom's recipe (above) take it into carb-heaven!

"To add dumplings, mix dumplings according to recipe on Bisquick box and add each blob to top of goulash about twenty minutes before the goulash is finished."

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Manga!

Oh, so many choices!!! I'll keep it simple, a big, fat, juicy, Ribeye Steak, grilled (over charcoal, propane grills are not allowed where I live) to medium rare. A side of Baked potato with sour cream and fresh cut chives. A nice Pilsner on the side.

Second choice would be my BBQ'ed pork spare-ribs, slow cooked in the smoker and covered in home made BBQ sauce.

Man, I'm getting hungry for some reason.

P.S. I'm the one that doesn't allow the propane grill, it's just not right I tell you!!!
I'm with you pal-100% both on the charcoal grill (Weber kettle is my choice) and the steak, baked potato trimmed out as you detailed, and make mine a cold Warsteiner in a tall glass- and if you included some grilled asparagus spears, and a tossed salad, life doesn't get any better than that.

When camping or on a fishing trip, beer is cans is grand- but when at home or in a pub- "glass is class". I have never seen my favorite German beer in cans in America, only in glass bottles--

Mine has not changed. Seafood (pretty much anything out of the water) is my favorite. I also love a good quality steak. Especially a 35 to 50 day dry aged steak. My local butcher dry ages, and cuts the steaks to order. Wonderful earthy flavor.

I guess if I had to pick my favorites:

Seafood
Balkan/Former Yugoslavian Cuisine (Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, etc)
Dry Aged Steak
Cheese (Italian, French, Switzerland, Austria)

Those are my 4 basic food groups. :lol: I need to get the food/recipes thread going again.

I'm with Hansie when it comes to grilling. I am a traditionalist. I am loyal to my Webber charcoal grill. I only use lump wood, or regular wood though instead of normal old charcoal. I do not like gas or electric grills, will never own one.

I also enjoy smoking meats. I need to upgrade my smoker though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back