What Movie To Buy? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
I've saved a few bucks and want to add to my movie collection but don't know what. I love using Ebay for this - it hasn't gone wrong yet! Maybe some members can suggest some DVDs? I love military films (good ones!) and early 50s sci-fi along with Clint and Steve and Bronson and good horror movies like The Exorcist. I have almost all the classics but don't know what to get next. I'm looking to get about 3 new movies.

Any suggestions?

I really enjoy the concert dvd's. They're a great when guests are over or if your futzing on the computer and u dont want to watch intently.

some of my favorites:
U2 (any of them)
Fleetwood Mac
The Eagles - when Hell Freezes Over
Metallica Live with the San Francisco Orchestra
Rush R30
Social Distortion

Njaco I know you've proberly seen "where Eagles dare" but if you haven't that has clint eastwood in it

If you really want a laugh ,I recommend buying some series of trailer park boys,It was band here in NZ but to me it's the funniest show ever made,I nearly kill myself in laughter watching it.look it up on youtube just to see if it's your cup of tea maybe just something young people find funny ,i'm not calling you old i'm just saying only people with undeveloped brains like me may find it funny

comes with a slight warning.Not recommended for minors contains high amounts of drug use,what some would say to be bad language"f**k,f**k,f**k" and sexual references to,no nudity though at least from what I've seen

I love it

oh hell yea 109! I love trailer park boys! I have the first 4 seasons. Njaco, I recommend trying to get dvds of all your favourite old TV shows. So far I have all of the A-team and M*A*S*H and I am waiting on 1 more for the Dukes of Hazard.

I second the motion on "12 Angry Men". It was re-made a few years ago, with a whole new cast (and in color!), but the remake really stuck with the original. Either one is worth it!

Thanks guys! I always have a brain fart when I go to buy a movie or something.

PB, I have that movie. Its great and by my favorite director Stanley Kubrick. Thanks.

I tried Dark Blue World but its $$$.

I really want to get 'Sahara' with Bogey and the "Battle of the River Platt' (Graf Spee) along with 'Stalingrad' (the German version) but I can't seem to find them in a US format.

Thanks.

Ok, I have 10 hours to go on a bid of.99 cents for 'Sahara'. Gonna try for "Where Eagles Dare" and "Breaker Morant" as well. Love those. Also gonna troll for those other sugestions.

Where Eagles Dare is a great fun/action movie typical Alistair MacLean. I went to the Royal Albert Hall years ago and saw the movie's composer Ron Goodwin conduct the Royal Philharmonic playing the theme tune, they had the Royal Marines positioned around the auditorium playing the drum intro really great then they gave the same treatment to the trumpets when Jerry Goldsmith was conducting the theme to Patton best movie film concert I ever attended by a mile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back