What were some of the crazy things you did when you were younger?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Watanbe

Senior Airman
Apr 24, 2007
Adelaide
Hey guys thought id pose you the question of what were some of the crazier things you did when you were younger. Got the idea from my thread about peoples ages. Would leave to hear some stories from some of the members.

Im 18 at the moment and routinely find myself doing stupid, crazy and often overally dangerous things. :shock: I dont care what people say when they were older, you all did some stupid things, or hard some crazy nights when you were younger!

BB Gun fights were pretty stupid, but the Bottle Rocket fights where we would stand 50-75 yards or so away from each other and launch fireworks at each other was probably the dumbest things we ever did. Suprising no one lost an eye or finger.

stupitest thing i have done was get a hive of bees mad or the time i had my face in front of the bussiness end of a roman candle

...... yea probaly the roman candle.

well...when I was in the army in 1993 (I was a tank driver), once, during the train transport, I wanted to take out a tape recorder out of my tank. So I waited till the train stops in the train station, then went to the tank and toke it out. When I got out and was standing on the tank turret, someone yelled at me to go down. When I got down I was told what happened and my knees were shaking immediately...there was a very high tension over the track so I must have been no more than 3 feets under the wires when I was standing on the turret...
Did more stupid things in my youth but this was my closest meeting with death...

stupitest thing i have done was get a hive of bees mad or the time i had my face in front of the bussiness end of a roman candle

...... yea probaly the roman candle.

wow that really is incredibly stupid haha. Im sure many of you have tried the trick where you spray ur hand on deoderant and light it on fire? Well my friend is not the brightest lad and he did and burnt his hands very badly was in bandages for weeks.

Hit myself on the head with the back of an axe.
When cutting wood for the fire I caught the washing line and it pinged the axe back onto my nut.

Following on from Seesul and his close encounter with the railroad Overhead line (25KV mostly in Czech Republic) when I first started work on the UK railway in 1973 I bent down to pick up a test meter I had left by the side of the track even though I knew a train was coming, as I stood up the running board brushed through my hair at 80mph. Half an inch more and good bye head.

On a lighter note I once built a land surfer and tried it out at Slapton sands at low tide in a force 6 got to around 40mph and ran slap bang into a sewer outfall (broke an arm). Oh the joys of youth.

Just up the coast from where I lived , for a few years , an arms ship was sunk and after storms and very high tides cordite , 303 ammunition and 2" mortars used to wash ashore . As you can probably guess the 303's were put in a vice and a hammer and nail employed , luckily only 2 ever went off .
For about 6 months myself and 2 mates used to collect all the cordite that we could get our hands on to make a rocket powered bicycle . We aquired a 12" length of stout cardboard tube , the kind that carpets come on , and fashioned a rocket cone , fuse and then lashed it on to the carrier on the back of the bike . I , unforunately , was volunteered to be test pilot . The fuse was lit and we waited for something to happen . Imagine our surprise when the cordite fired sending a 2 foot to 3 foot flame out of the rocket .
Not only do I still have the burn scars on my ar*e but I still get a bit nervous around bikes , :) .

I guess the dumbest thing I ever did was steal a car. When I was 17 I
swiped a 49 Mercury. I was so afraid of getting caught I took off my shoes
and socks, put the socks over my hands (like gloves) and drove it for 18
miles. Parked it and walked away. For about two weeks every time I saw
a cop or a police car, I thought the jig was up. GTA, back then, was worth
about five years of your time..

Charles

i once tried to fire a thunderflash off the end of an SLR using blank ammo, (my dad told me he used to do it when he was on exercise ).
so here's me thinking its going to fly off like a rifle grenade, but it just went bang leaving me with minor flash burns and ringing ears

Just up the coast from where I lived , for a few years , an arms ship was sunk and after storms and very high tides cordite , 303 ammunition and 2" mortars used to wash ashore . As you can probably guess the 303's were put in a vice and a hammer and nail employed , luckily only 2 ever went off .
For about 6 months myself and 2 mates used to collect all the cordite that we could get our hands on to make a rocket powered bicycle . We aquired a 12" length of stout cardboard tube , the kind that carpets come on , and fashioned a rocket cone , fuse and then lashed it on to the carrier on the back of the bike . I , unforunately , was volunteered to be test pilot . The fuse was lit and we waited for something to happen . Imagine our surprise when the cordite fired sending a 2 foot to 3 foot flame out of the rocket .
Not only do I still have the burn scars on my ar*e but I still get a bit nervous around bikes , :) .

Hahaha Im actually laughing out loud over that one. Great stories keep them coming!

We used to play something called "Moon Tag".

Ingrediants:

1. A couple drunk guys.
2. A few 4x4 trucks or farm cars (like an Opel cadet)
3. Some thick woods with trails
4. And a moon-lit night.

We would drive around, in the woods, with our lights off and try to "tag" each other - rolling our vehicles into bushes and such to hide, taking out the bulbs of our back-up lights so nobody could see. All while drinking a few cases.

Looking back now, one of the stupidest things I could ever have done! We would reach speeds of 35 - 40 mph in those woods. All on deer trails or a little wider.

Yikes Njaco!

I'm only 17, so I have time to goof off, but the craziest thing I've done is ride down an inclined sidewalk in a shopping cart that we found in the woods. It was fun haha.

Being drunk at 4 o clock in the morning going down the main street in a shopping cart and hitting a pot hole in a parking lot falling your @ss off. That was fun, not crazy. Still have the battle scars. :twisted:

Being drunk at 4 o clock in the morning going down the main street in a shopping cart and hitting a pot hole in a parking lot falling your @ss off. That was fun, not crazy. Still have the battle scars. :twisted:

Haha yeh im pretty sure, we have all had a nasty stack in a shopping cart a few cans down. I have learnt that when the cart swivels and ends up horizontally and you see a ditch coming you have problems.

These two guys I know arent the smartest lads and for some reason one of them allowed the other to push him in a shopping cart. This was on the way to rowing training one day, the guy pushing ran the other guy down a hill at incredble speed and launched him off the boat landing into the river (not a nice place to end up). The cart flipped mid flight and landed on top of the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back