Whatever happened to Sharx66? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nonskimmer

Captain
Nov 11, 2004
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Has anyone got any idea whatever became of Sharx66, the creator of the old IL2 Skins site? I'd read on three separate occasions where he'd supposedly intended to start the site back up again, but obviously nothing ever became of it.

What's the boy up to these days? Anyone have a clue?

It sounds harsh, but they really should have waited to see which way the cat was going to jump before getting busy with the ol' PayPal.

Another analogy - forums are like deep pit coal mines, once they're shut it's nigh on impossible to reopen them. For every 100 forums that open 98 of them will die off in two years.

Aircraft of WWII is one of the 2% that endure. Thinking about it - two things have to happen for a forum to survive;

1. It's got to hit a critical mass of active members so that if even some 'major' posters disappear then there are still enough left to keep the place interesting.

2. Any 'downtime' is fatal - a forum might still recover after two or three weeks off line, but after that then it flatlines - there's always an attempt by some of the diehard members to resuscitate it for a while until they themselves give up and the forums next of kin sign the consent form.

Well, it been my observation that every 2 months or so, we get a new cast of some really interesting and knowledable people in here.

We should count our lucky stars!!! And thank everyone for making a contribution or two!

Couldn't agree more folks 8)

Here for example is the only place I know where you can find out anything to do with the military of any branch of the service and for whatever country you wish to know about - plus PC's Game, Mags etc.......I'm sure there's something like this out there, but I've never found it.

As for IL-2 Skins, it was great when it was up, but lets be host, it was never be the same if it came back and plus, it would seem dated as Il-2:46 is now a dead duck with Oleg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back