Whats a good ww2 fighter game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CFS3 if you have the time, energy and ability to install all the mods which we've all put together. If you want WW1, the CFS3 freeware add-on "Over Flanders Fields" is first class Over Flanders Fields while the soon-to-be-released Mediterranean Air War 'MAW' Mediterranean Air War for Combat Flight Simulator 3 includes all the latest stuff, including new aircraft, perfected flight and damage models, new weather, complete new geographically accurate theatre, etc, etc.

...It May be old but it's still 'BOLD' :rolleyes:
Prob is I do not know if you can still 'purchase it'
CFS-2 ROCKS!!! So many mods/planes... It'll take years (if you want) to install 'em all!!!

jjgscfs208qh7.jpg

dickdhaileygha4.jpg

jjgscfs205cnc0.jpg

I'll agree with Les..Il-2/Forgotten Battles/Ace Expansion Pack/ and Pacific Fighters for the PC.. I have CFS I,II,and III and I never play them because they look unfinished and poorly done.

For Il-2 there are thousands of planes you can download as well as hundreds of missions. It also has a thriving Online community as well. I've made hundreds of skins for it myself and love the flight dynamics present within the game..It's as close to a simulation as you can get..

Heres a shot of what I mean, the skins are mine and the ground textures dont look like a Jackson Pollack print which CFS does..:cry:

Cheers and happy hunting
Randy

Attachments

• Dance of Death.jpg
    Dance of Death.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 467
Just great. I love the one on your signature too.
Here are shots of my personal CFS1 'Dora', as well as a repaint depicting Gerhard Barkhorn's mount. They're not as nice due to CFS1 limitations but still my favorite bird in that game.

Attachments

• Fw190D9_JG57.jpg
    Fw190D9_JG57.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 420
  • _profile_Fw190D9.jpg
    _profile_Fw190D9.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 431
.......IF you have a slow(er) PC machine IL2 (the original) works xclnt as a 'dogfighter"

.........and CFS2 has a great "mission builder", and many "fronts", as well as there is a large group over at SIM-OUTHOUSE that keeps it alive with scenery. skins etc

........IT IS NOT THE SAME GAME(As the original) ANYMORE:D

.......and as for earlier games EAW(european air war) is immersive and also still has a large following

.......but for a more powerful rig its IL2/FORGOTTEN BATTLES/ACES/PACIFIC FIGHTERS as a classic

For Il-2 there are thousands of planes you can download as well as hundreds of missions. It also has a thriving Online community as well.

What are some good sites to download new planes? Any suggested links?

Thanks

What are some good sites to download new planes? Any suggested links?

Thanks

Download new planes? For IL-2? Joke! Let Oleg SELL you them!

You want to download planes with accurate FMs, use CFS3 with Avhistory.org 1% aircraft.

Hey, Ronnybengt, welcome to this dive! Glad to see another CFS-fan here among the barbarian hordes!

...hehe..i find this place amusing...full of nice ideas ....

seee ya...btw...do you have a template (photoshop)for the avh b17..bombers???? or...maby fp b17....if so...could u e mail me em???

i know you have had probs with your pc...but i have to ask..

ps....my e mail you have... or can find it at soh right=????

R

I have CFS II, IL-2, B-17, Aces High...

The one I like to play is European Air War. Found for $10 at a Gamestop and seem drawn to it all the time. May not be as flashy and customer driven as the others (not knocking them) but for a first timer, EAW is good, cheap and will get you started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back