What's missing....? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Why wasn't USS Enterprise saved? Why didn't they save any older battleships besides USS Texas? The list can probably go on and on...:( :rolleyes: :lol:

Money

We have the Lady Lex here (CV-16) in the bay in downtown Corpus Christi, Mobile has the USS Alabama, Camden has the USS New Jersey, Manhattan has the USS Intrepid... there are probably more old ships than you think, though.

Yeap a later version of the USS Yorktown is in Charleston.

The USS Iowa is in Suisun Bay in California as part of the Reserve Fleet but will soon be turned in a Museum.

The USS Wisconsin (Iowa Class BB) is in Norfolk, VA (I have pics somewhere from when I went and saw her).

The HORNET AIRCRAFT CARRIER, ESSEX CLASS, CV-12 is in ALAMEDA, CA.

INTREPID AIRCRAFT CARRIER, ESSEX (SHORT HULL GROUP) CLASS, CV-11 is in NEW YORK, NY.

MASSACHUSETTS BATTLESHIP, SOUTH DAKOTA CLASS, BB-59 is in FALL RIVER, MA.

MISSOURI BATTLESHIP, IOWA CLASS, BB-63 is in HONOLULU, HI

NORTH CAROLINA BATTLESHIP, NORTH CAROLINA CLASS, BB-55 is in Wilmington, NC

TEXAS BATTLESHIP, NEW YORK CLASS, BB-35 is in LAPORTE, TX

CASSIN YOUNG DESTROYER, FLETCHER CLASS, DD-793 is in BOSTON, MA

KIDD DESTROYER, REPEAT FLETCHER CLASS, DD-661 is in BATON ROUGE, LA

LAFFEY DESTROYER, ALLEN M. SUMNER CLASS, DD-724 is in MOUNT PLEASANT, SC

THE SULLIVANS DESTROYER, FLETCHER CLASS, DD-537 is in BUFFALO, NY

I knew that since before...eerrrmmm...sorry, sound a wee bit cheeky don't mean to though. :oops: :lol:
What would you have liked to have seen saved. I mean even President Eisenhower wanted the Enterprise saved. So why didn't they?
How many ships is still around that was in Pearl Harbor, December 7th 1941? Wouldn't that be something worth to preserve?
How much more is preserved of Allied material compared to Axis? Just a general question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back