What's you favourite station wagon/estate?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Knowing that back in the day, the best looking cars were often the hardtops and the convertibles, but there were some stunning station wagon or as here estates, as well, which one is your favourite?

dodge-magnum-wagon-03.jpg

My vote ...

MM

I remember as a child in the mid 1950s my Dad having one of those, or the Ford (UK) version, of what we then called a 'Shooting Brake'. Happy memories....

i remember our 1958 chevy which i believe was a brookwood. loved that old wagon. there was one in the old tv show about the U2 pilots...the one with craig t nelson.

chevy wagon.jpg

Must admit, I enjoyed this whilst I had it, 21 years ago. Took me (off road) over a lot of the UK, and up the French and Swiss Alps.

Attachments

• 2011-04-16_20.JPG
    2011-04-16_20.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 2011-04-16_23.jpg
    2011-04-16_23.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 287
I don't know what it was, but my Dad bought it (a station wagon) from a friend of his and it had these windows on the roof just in front of the second seat that were like mini-windshields. I thought that was the coolest thing. Great for airplane watching and I used to pretend I was flying a WW2 bomber... Ah... Good memories. Think they rebooted the trade name on another station wagon a decade or more ago, but it just wasn't the same.

I don't know what it was, but my Dad bought it (a station wagon) from a friend of his and it had these windows on the roof just in front of the second seat that were like mini-windshields. I thought that was the coolest thing. Great for airplane watching and I used to pretend I was flying a WW2 bomber... Ah... Good memories. Think they rebooted the trade name on another station wagon a decade or more ago, but it just wasn't the same.

That would have been a Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser station wagon!

oldsmobile_vista_cruiser_wagon_1967.jpg

Mom had a Ford Country Squire to haul around us kids. We were hardly ever allowed in her Cadillac.
Genuine imitation wood paneling!

1973_Ford_Country_Squire.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back