Whats your sim setup for IL2 look like? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JimmyS1985

Recruit
Dec 27, 2010
Im thinking of getting back into online IL2 if I can patch it up for CoOp's this time, but I had so much difficulty getting it patched past 4.04m I gave up eventually and the flight-console I bought for my sim setup is geared more towards a modern flight sim with axis for mixture and radiator than using keyboard buttons.

On the one hand, assuming that BoB:SoW is coming out soon, I could use some hours Combat flight simming against Human opponents instead of comp-stomping.

Anyways I got about $1500 into my setup, its not quite as good as the guys with simpits or motion flight simulators, but I tried to get as much immersion as I could without going all out, and it also remaining a desktop PC for other uses around the house.

Most of that money went into a custom 1 of 2 in the world flight-console as I am not mechanically inclined enough to build my own simulator equipment, however I feel the mechanical engineer in Greece that built this for me did an excellent job and it will make simulation in IL2 as well as Battle of Britain: Storm of War, a little easier to make up for my weak flight-combat skills.

0816091955.jpg

^My setup

05082009041.jpg

^ Prototype, and mine prior to delivery, photo taken in Greece, I think early 2009.

Nice setup.. i have the track IR 5, and a logitech G940 i just love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back