• Berretta M9

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • M7 (the "Splinter Cell" pistol)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A revolver of some sort

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.edge-gamers.com
If you were to start your own military force, along with your own country (that would be the hopeful thing anyway), what side arm would you set for your military forces? I'm going for general side arm, so if you have one secondary sidearm for Spec Ops or the like, that is ok too. These are all pistols, because the PDW and the like would not realistically be lugged around with and assault rifle, its ammo, and the PDW and its ammo. Personally, I would take the "baby Eagle" in .45, or if supplies of that cannot be met, the full sized Desert Eagle in .357, .44, or .50 (I couldn't decide which would be the most effective in the field, vs friendly to opperator). If I was going to have a secondary pistol for Spec Ops and the like, I would choose the Springfield 1911 new production series model.

I find the 9mm underpowered period. We all hated it over in the Army. I would have prefered some kind of .45. We found the 9mm did not have much of a stopping power.

I would prefer the 1911 A1. It works just fine and if it aint broke don't fix it.
Like you said les it's better for CQC. With a 9mm there are only 4 ways to take him down.
1) Head shot
2) Hand
3) Foot
4) Let's just say he won't be having anymore kids.

He didn't see the video of the old guy shooting the Desert Eagle at a shooting range did he? Nearly nailed him in the face.

Chief said:
I would prefer the 1911 A1. It works just fine and if it aint broke don't fix it.
Like you said les it's better for CQC. With a 9mm there are only 4 ways to take him down.
1) Head shot
2) Hand
3) Foot

Have you ever tried to hit someone in those 4 spots when the **** hits the fan (I am not talking about Spec OPs close quarters here, I am talking on the battle field)?

It ain that easy with a 9mm Baretta (atleast not the ones that we have in the Army which are falling apart pieces of ****). Your best shot is a hit to the chest.

On the subject of the full sized Desert Eagle, which caliber would you prefer it in if you HAD to have it in you military: .44, .357, or .50? On a somewhat related note, I just recently saw the carrying and loading areas for the AR-15's made to fire the snub nose .50, and if that were used it would HURT LIKE **** to be hit by, although the weight restrictions associated with the ammo dictates that general military use is HIGHLY unlikely. Also, If I remember correctly, the Baby Eagle does come in the .40 caliber that the SOCOM and the like forces use. Also, I have very scetchy details about the FiveSeven, the primary weapon in Splinter Cell. I know it exists, it uses a 5.7mm round, but that is about it. Anyone know what the stopping power on that thing is? Accuracy? Range?

Chief said:

1) Head shot
2) Hand
3) Foot

The ways to take someone down with a 1911?
1) Anywhere without missing.

____
Can Someone tell me how many Barreta 9mm rounds you're issued with and how many 1911 .45 rounds you would be issued?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back