Which Sturmovik to buy?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

norlin

Recruit
Hi All,
I was looking at purchasing Sturmovik due to recent recommendations from friends. However when looking to buy it, I see there are so many options. I was thinking just to buy the most recent one, which I think is 1946? But is it better to buy a different one? Do they add on to each other, or is each a completely seperate game? Would it be worth buying the older ones? I tried searching but couldn't really find any good threads on this though I'm sure they're out there.

- Michael

Buy 1946 but be sure it is the COMPLETE version and not the upgrade. If you buy the upgrade, you will have to also purchase IL-2.

I've been thinking of purchasing this game.... I think you just twisted by arm
almost to the breaking point.... Believe me, I am not a gamer... this has got
to prove interesting.

Charles

I've been thinking of purchasing this game.... I think you just twisted by arm
almost to the breaking point.... Believe me, I am not a gamer... this has got
to prove interesting.

Charles

I'm not much of a gamer either but I love it. The customizable features are perfect for any skill level...

One of my favorite scenarios is to fly a IL-2 with extra pod cannons and unlimited ammo. I then will attack 10 Me-323's with no ammo... it's great fun to watch them explode.

It's also fun to fly a FW-190 and slice through c-47's... when your done you can attack trains and trucks.

I have a good friend of mine whose a pilot and he thinks it takes a lot of getting used to. It takes practice to do well in a dog fight.

Maybe I can be like Fly Boy.... he's flown most of those airplanes.....
in sims.... so he knows how they handle..... Especially the ME 262

(LMAO) Charles

Hey dan do you need a joystick or is it better with keys? still havent got mine yet

Depends on ur difficulty settings.... I usually play it real easy with no icons....

:lol: like me. But the biggest problem for me is the time...with a 5 years old boy and 3 months old daughter... few times I got in troubles with my wife when she caught me sitting at the PC shooting at Bf´s:lol:. Anyway, gotta say she´s right.
So I had to give it up and since that I have time only for forum and e-mails...
But thanks to giving up playing with that sim my wife allowed me to spent some money on visiting this year´s Flying Legends in Duxford...Good change, isn´t it?8)

U need a joystick with 3 axis; throttle, rudder and stick... The rudder is controlled by twisting the stick....

Guess I better start looking for one of them. Any recommendations ?
What kind of money are we looking at for a good controller ?

Charles

I have Logitech Force3DPro, it even shakes while firing the guns and already lasted for 3 years, quite a feat. It was about 30 euro's back than, so probably cheaper in the US

Ah... Mon Ami... I found this Logitech Force 3D Pro on the internet.
Prices rance from $44.84 to $54.99 (usd). Will check with my
favorite Hobby Shoppe....

Merci....

Charles

I use a Logitech Wingman extreme.

I only just bought IL2 1946 after playing CFS3 for ages.

I think I have the complete version but im not sure, does the complete version come with a bonus dvd?

Hell yea, but u still need to get the weekly hockey game dosage Roman, for ur boy as well as urself...

U need a joystick with 3 axis; throttle, rudder and stick... The rudder is controlled by twisting the stick....

Yep, you´re right, there´s a time for Ice hockey matches...but this year we ended up 2nd from the end in our league so outta play off...:cry:
Sorry I´m outta topic guys...

Ah... Mon Ami... I found this Logitech Force 3D Pro on the internet.
Prices rance from $44.84 to $54.99 (usd). Will check with my
favorite Hobby Shoppe....

Merci....

Charles

I'm also not a big gamer, but when it comes to IL2....the way I see it;
MOST OF US HERE WILL NEVER OWN A WARBIRD LET ALONE FLY IT, and this is the only realistic way at the moment to do it and technology is developing at such a high rate that one of these days you will be sitting "inside" with 3dglasses(e-dimensional) and track-ir(replaces mouse movement)

just received my state of art pc last Saturday and... :shock:

I've completely modified my Logitech Force 3D Pro:

a) extend the shaft with aluminum pipe (about 600mm)
b) Disconnected the rudder from joystick
c) Used my wife's old stepper, and mounted the joystick to it
d) Connected the rudder to the shaft...and my own portable cockpit

Wanted to post pics of it, but what might work for me might be the laughing stock for the world:oops: :oops: :oops:

also...
I'm using my momo wheel for elevator trim(magic8) and the hatswithes on joystick: up down for flaps, left and right for rudder trim.

I'm also not a big gamer, but when it comes to IL2....the way I see it;
MOST OF US HERE WILL NEVER OWN A WARBIRD LET ALONE FLY IT, and this is the only realistic way at the moment to do it and technology is developing at such a high rate that one of these days you will be sitting "inside" with 3dglasses(e-dimensional) and track-ir(replaces mouse movement)

just received my state of art pc last Saturday and... :shock:

I've completely modified my Logitech Force 3D Pro:

a) extend the shaft with aluminum pipe (about 600mm)
b) Disconnected the rudder from joystick
c) Used my wife's old stepper, and mounted the joystick to it
d) Connected the rudder to the shaft...and my own portable cockpit

Wanted to post pics of it, but what might work for me might be the laughing stock for the world:oops: :oops: :oops:

also...
I'm using my momo wheel for elevator trim(magic8) and the hatswithes on joystick: up down for flaps, left and right for rudder trim.

Would like to see, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back