Who are the victors of the Iraq war? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plan_D

Lieutenant Colonel
Apr 1, 2004
BURGER KING! :lol:

Attachments

• baghdad_burger_king_171.jpg
    baghdad_burger_king_171.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 564
Well, lanc, I knew no one would look if I said "Baghdad Burger King Open for business"

We used to make the hour long flight to Bahgdad just to eat at the Burger King there when it was the only one in Iraq. Now they are everywhere. Infact on the place where I was based they opened up a Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Subways about a month before we left.

lesofprimus said:
Infact on the place where I was based they opened up a Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Subways about a month before we left.
Dude, I dont even wanna BEGIN to tell u what it was like for us back there during the first War...

Spoiled little Army Brats and their little choppers...... Grrrrrrrr....

Nope you are actually correct about it. We are spoiled. If you would go to the smaller Fire Bases out in the middle of no where where the ground pounders are. They have nothing. It is not much different from your days. There are still soldiers sleeping in ditches with a tarp over them. They eat MRE's 3 meals a day. About once a month they get to convoy into a the FOB's and hit a PX and Burger King.

They hate us flyboys for it but you know what I always tell them. "You hate us now but you you quickly learn to love us when the shit hits the fan and you hear the Choppers Coming to bring you home. Then we are your best friends.

I hear the choppers coming,
They're flying overhead.
They've come to get the wounded,
They've come to get the dead.

We will be the victors. If you saw the things that we have done there, as I have you would see that we are winning despite what the press wants us all to believe.

I am deeply sorry for the loss of your brother dinos.

Don't go telling my dad only the "ground pounders" were in the desert, he'll rip you limb from limb! :shock:

He was a RAF Aircraft enginner in the middle of nowhere, far beyond the ground pounders. The only thing between him and the Iraqi Army was a desert. Had to see of those lads like les to go do their business in the two Chinooks he had for company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back