Who can talk to me about the REARWIN SPORTSTER ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DFM+BB

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2009
Hello everybody !

I recently found a REARWIN SPORTSTER, and I have to admit that when I came back to my place to know more about this particular aircraft,
I just found the wikipedia page and a nicely done website made by a proud owner.
Rearwin Sportster

But I do like to know more on this aircraft, famous pilots, or any interesting facts.
And if anyone can share any manual on this aircraft it could be interesting.

Thanks !

That is a great stard A4K !
Because on wikipedia they said that RNZAF used it without further infos.

More interesting is that at least 3 of them are still existing, awaiting restoration, !

Yeah, not too much info on Wiki...

To be fair though, info is hard to come by on most of the civilian types impressed into RNZAF service. Photos especially are often VERY rare or non existant sadly, making it very hard to model them!

Yea I saw that problem when I made a small research on Piper L4 with RAAF marking.
Really hard to find pictures.

So I think I can always dream after any manual on the SPORTSTER... :(

Yea I'll see that.
But most of the time when you ask to museums they are saying " yes..we'll see that one day" = never to sum up.
This is really rare that some decide to share by Email.

I saw that some of them where made as sail planes, this was directly from factory ?

Very sorry mate - just catching up on this after a year...

Just wanted to say that the RNZAF museum are actually extremely helpful, and do respond very quickly to queries. Worth asking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back