who elected this guy? scary.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

He was talking hyperbole.

Nothing wrong with it, and anyone who thinks he believed such a thing needs to get a life.

No he wasn't sys. This is all over the internet. I have heard that he is terminally ill. So perhaps that is his excuse, but he should be removed from his position if his faculties are that far gone.

Yup, have to agree with Matt, have watched it 3 or 4 times now and there is no hyperbole. He does not look like he's in it 100 %.

Nope. hyperbole would have had a different influction in his speech... he would have also said something like "Man, there'd be so many people there the island would sink!" That's hyperbole.

Him saying... "I'd be concerned that the island would tip over... capsize...." nope, not hyperbole or any other figure of speech.

I have no idea how that military official answered him with a straight face and no hint of laughter. I would have been snorting snot and asking him if he was serious!!!

Don't mind if you post links. But if you all start making political rants in support or in detraction of these links, I'll shut it down. We are not a political forum.

I have a couple of squirrels in my front yard light years ahead of this guy at least they know to run when the dog shows up.This guy wouldn't get out of the way of an eighteen wheeller.sheeeeshh

I have a question.......

How can the island possibly "tip over" if it's the top of a mountain, which is attached to the ocean floor ? The same applies
to any islamd in the Atlantic or Pacific. The Hawaiian Islands, the Japanese Islands, Guam, Wake, Johnson, are all tops
of mountains sticking out of the sea, and still firmly attached to the ocean floor.

Someone has a screw loose !!

Charles

Hilarious. Send him over here, we have an election next month and he'll probably do quite well.

The navy guy (who did very well to keep a straight face) apparently was in Top Gun - he was the Mig pilot who got the bird from Maverick and Goose. So says wikipedia anyways.

Hilarious. Send him over here, we have an election next month and he'll probably do quite well.

The navy guy (who did very well to keep a straight face) apparently was in Top Gun - he was the Mig pilot who got the bird from Maverick and Goose. So says wikipedia anyways.

Huh?

Yes it does ..........

Willard appeared in and was a consultant for the 1986 movie Top Gun. He pilots the Mig-28 that receives "the bird" from Goose and Maverick. His callsign is "Rat," and his podcast is called the Rat-Pac Report.

In March 2010, Willard testified before the House Armed Services Committee and kept a straight face while Democratic Rep. Hank Johnson expressed his concern that the island of Guam might "capsize" and "tip over" if too many people were on one side of the island.[4]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back