Wide Performance Differences, most reliable source? FW190A-8

kettbo

Senior Airman
447
29
Joined
Oct 18, 2007
Location
Western Washington, USA
In one of my old air combat board games, the FW190A-8 was pretty much a turd in the climb department.
Looking at Mike Sprick's "LW Fighter Aces," I see the following

Fw190A-8: BMW801D, 2100hp, 3600 FPM
Bf109G-6: DB605,1800hp, 4560 FPM
P47D: PW R2800, 2300hp, 2780 FPM
P51D: P-Merlin, 1695hp, 3475 FPM

I am aware of initial climb rate, sustained rate, how things change at altitude bands and supercharger settings. I also note the exact mark/model is not listed….
This is the highest climb rate that I have ever seen for a FW190A-8.

I also noted that the Hundert Neun shows 387mph. I recall an old thread, maybe one of mine (!) where this was discussed, 400mph give or take being more accurate.

Anyway…..
Where is the best, updated WW2 fighter comparison go-to place?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back