Wilhelm Krebs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I've bought myself another model, despite not being done my Moebelwagen! This one's a 1:32 Fw 190A-7 by Hasegawa. It was in the store, which is a rarity, so I figured I'd buy it. It has three sets of markings, two of which are of Heinz Baer's craft, the other one of which is of an Oblt. Wilhelm Krebs of Stab I./JG1. I was going to do Baer's until I opened it up and saw what the other scheme was with the white and black nose, but I don't know anything about the pilot Krebs. I looked on google, but maybe someone on here has a source I don't and will be able to help. Also, on a side note, what do all the theatre bars on the German planes represent? I know yellow's the Ostfront and white's Mediterranean, but I've also seen red (like on my model) and blue, and probably another colour that I've forgotten about. Thanks!

back from work for a short time...........

the theater markings you refer to were only on the wing tips as well as early war on a thin narrow band on the fuselage the red and blue were wide Reichsverteidigung bands for Reich defense ID, Red for JG 1 later a different red colour for JG 300, 301 and 302 to be discontinued later and only used by JG 300, JG 301 if you look at the photos posted on this site was red/yellow and reversed at times in the gruppen. blue like your siggy is for JG 54, white was for JG 3, etc.

I'll be back later due to other committments

Best I could quickly come up with is he was the TO (Technical Officer ) for I./JG 1 in January 1944. from this site.

Jagdgeschwader 1 "Oesau"

and some digging for JG 1 from here.

Gruppekommandeure - Jagdverbnde

I have a book on JG 1 but it only goes to 1942. Check some other stuff I have. The fuselage markings I believe were for Defense of Reich red bands. I may be incorrect. And the engine cowling markings were only used for a short time after it was realized that they were similar to a US FG and their own flak guns couldn't tell them apart. So they removed them.They were first brought out in April 1943 with the new I./JG 1 so they could recognize each other for quick assembly in the air.

Thanks for the info guys! Looks like he wasn't that noteworthy of a pilot, but you gotta love the paint job. I didn't know that about the stripes Njaco, and thanks for the clarification Erich!

Yeah, it looks pretty good. My Moebelwagen is taking a lot longer than anticipated beacuse we couldn't get the camo lines thin enough with the airbrush, but it seems we have it all figured out now, so I should get started inside of the week.

well Catch IT IS FACT, about the the bands behind the Balkenkreuz as Reich defense markings, I've been doing studies for way too many years..........

please guys do something different from the norm on your models of 109's and 190's, researching is fun instead of building right out of the box like everyone else does...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back