Willi Resche´s Tempest kill from April 14,1945 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
Hello friends,

believe most of you know the story of low level dogfight of Willi Reschke´s TA-152 vs Mitchell´s Tempest from April 14th, 1945.
W/O Mitchell (486. Sqn, New Zealender) was KIA probably when his emergency landing failed.
I´m looking for the picture of W/O Mitchell. Has anyone got this picture?

Roman I think I've got a pic somewhere in my files but it will be in our book with the mission covered quite indepth from Willi some years ago from a symposium he attended with Herr Loos and several other aces back in the 90's

wishful as to the extension of your life or the book being published ? no most likely another year, doubtful any more than that really, but again in might be 2 volumes, not sure just yet

Roman I think I've got a pic somewhere in my files but it will be in our book with the mission covered quite indepth from Willi some years ago from a symposium he attended with Herr Loos and several other aces back in the 90's

OK Erich, let me know when the book will be finished.
Willi Reschke got a picture of Mitchell but doesn´t want to show it to anyone which I fully understand and accept. It´s too touching for him. He stood in front of his grave during funeral. He got this picture from one New Zealander that wrote a book about New Zealanders serving in RAF during WW2. Don´t know the name of this book.
That´s why I asked here...
Willi Reschke´s son told me a nice story. He was in New Zealand in 90´s and because he knew that his father was in touch with one New Zealander due to to the book (about New Zealanders in RAF), he noted his address, found his house, knocked on the door and told him:"Hi, Willi Reschke says hello to you and I´m his son." This guy was pretty kicked out as he didn´t expect it...

Unfortunatly, the only pic I could find with him in it is this:

Dardart2.jpg

He's in there somewhere, but dont know which.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back