Willi Reschke´s Ta-152 H-0 kit, 1:48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

glad i could be of some assist.. :) been quite a lot at the Graber facility. very interesting place :)

now if they just could restore the Ta-152 and the Gotha 229..and the Arado 196..and the Ju 388.. etc etc etc.. hehe

Jan,

it was black 3 instead of black 13. It was typo and W.R. confirmed it to me in his letter.

notes from W.R´s log book:

810, Ta 152, no number, Ferry flight Neuhausen to Alteno 27. Jan. 45, takeoff 1108 landing 1128.

811, Ta 152, white 2, trainings flight, Alteno 04. Feb. 45, takeoff 1343 landing 1420.

812, Ta 152, white 2, trainings flight, Alteno 10. Feb. 45, takeoff 0910 landing 0950.

813, Ta 152, yellow 1, trainings flight, Sachau 07. Mar. 45, takeoff 1512 landing 1541.

814, Ta 152, black 3, transfer flight, Sachau to Standal 13. Mar. 45, takeoff 1613 landing 1625. Note: transfer of Stabsschwarm.

815, Ta 152, white 1, enemy mission, Neustadt-Glewe, 14. Apr. 45, takeoff 1910 landing 1930. Shot down Tempest.

816, Ta 152, green 9, enemy mission, Neustadt-Glewe, 24. Apr. 45, takeoff 0800 landing 0915. Shot down 2 Yack 9.

Will keep you in the loop Roman....really want to tackle ONE of Willi's machine's...would like to know just how many where the W,Nr. is known...for choice!

just look at EE's painting of the Geschwader stab in the air, the colours are correct, J. Crandall has covered every square inch of the green 4 at Garber for his book and somebody elses I know, measuring, calculating and number nearlye very known part on that crate years ago before the 1990

Still giving this some serious thought Roman.....saw this image on Eagle Editions site the other day, slightly differing camo colours (81/82?) to Jerry's great painting of Green 1.

The stand out here is the squared style of Green 9 rather than the rounded style seen previously in various profiles.....AND the added Green Stab bar not shown before?

Now, if this is representative of 150168 then it's looking good for the starting line...you possibly able to get any varification Roman?

both images initially found on a web image search but originate and are located at Eagle Editions site.

Oh, and by the way the Dragon kit stating to be an H-0...is actually an H-1, based on the lower wing panelling.

Attachments

• Ta-152-chapter-art.gif
    Ta-152-chapter-art.gif
    30.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Ta152_JG301.jpg
    Ta152_JG301.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 130
Well I've seen plain Spinner Black or Black Green?, Red with White spiral, Green with white Spiral and now most likely Black with a white spiral.

And once again the rounded style Green 9 as in your profile.....my hope is that maybe the newer image with the Squared style 9 and Gruppe bar is the 'new' correct interpretation of 150168....maybe Jerry has something new to tell us?

grüne 9 will be covered in the new monogram book, have seen the profile. first one in January 45 had no spiral the second did white on lack green prop. I am visiting them in the spring- May of this year again, but cannot remember what he said about publication, think his second volume of the Dora will be published first. Green 9 is rounded and not squared off like some think.

the spirals came later in the spring of 45 as more of III. gruppe Tanks came into the stab of the Geschwader.............. it is still a bit conusing when Geschwader stab pilots are flying unusual colored III gruppe machines in black and white numerals as examples; i.e. Willi's white 1 in April of 45.

Does anyone have any photos or drawings of the Ta 152H-1 wing centre section? I'm scratchbuilding this section for a 1:72 Dragon kit.

Also need info on the lower wings - the H-0 seems to have had outboard armament panels (of the Fw 190D,F,G series type), but did the H-1?
The kit wing is moulded as per a reproduced Ta 152 tech manual drawing I have, with 10 round access hatches per wing for servicing the control linkage, and no armament panels (these would have occupied the space of the 10th access hatches).

Cheers,
Evan

Evan when I viewed what EE had in their possession at the time and they still do not have all of Hitchcocks information yet for the Mon book this thing will be a technical dream, am nearly 90 % positive your question will be answered as I said a nice overhead profile of the fuselage and upper wing schematic, a most impressive display. How it will be scaled and reduced for the volume am not sure.

E ~

Hey Erich, thanks for the info, I wish to do Green 9...correctly!, after seeing the alternative artwork it set me thinking again.....so, waiting anxiously for Jerrys books to be released they ARE my 50th Birthday presents!!!

With Wayne, thanks Erich. I'll hold fire with the wing till that book comes out.

and happy birthday Wayne! Many more my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back