Wing Design (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GregP

Major
Jul 28, 2003
Chino, California, U.S.A.
Some folks in here have asked several times about wing design.

Attached is a chapter on wing design so you can read it and get your feet wet. It isn't exactly the last word on the subject, but is a pretty good starting place for budding wing designers.

No paricular reason, just interesting, at least to me.

Enjoy.

I have Hoerner's lift and drag files, but they are 66 and 35 Mb respectively, so I can't load them. If anyone really wants a copy, PM me and we can work it out. I can't email it but can send a CD/DVD if you will work it out with me.

Attachments

• Wing Design_Chpt_5.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:
I think so. I found this one by Googling "Wing Design pdf" and I daresay you could google the book title with the pdf add-on and find it.

Actually, I have a lot of great pdf's but never really thought of starting a thread dedicated to aviation-related pdf files until now. When I get done with this next class I'm teaching, I'll start that thread. Maybe a few samples now.

Thanks, I found it. It's one of a several extracts from "Aircraft Design: A Systems Engineering Approach" by Mohammed Sadraey at Daniel Webster College. The book itself is a couple of hundred dollars, but there are enough extracts at Daniel Webster College - Mohammad Sadraey to be useful. The available chapters cover:

- Conceptual design
- Preliminary design
- Wing
- Tail
- Landing gear
- Control surfaces (separately ailerons, elevators, rudder, spoilers)

There's also an interesting chapter on drag and drag coefficients from another book "Aircraft Performance Analysis".

Thanks for that. I was onlt thinking of giving some folks who had asked about wings in some threads a place to start, but looking at the rest of the text that is available will be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. What's covered in that paper is essentially what aircraft maintenance engineers are taught as part of their exam syllabi. Take a look here at the FAA website for pdfs on Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics Airframe book.

AC 65-15A - [Large AC] Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics Airframe Handbook â€" Document Information

Here's the Powerplant book.

AC 65-12A - [Large AC] Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics Powerplant Handbook â€" Document Information

Here's the Jeppesen airframe book.

Product Information | A&P Technician Airframe e-book - JeppDirect

The Jeppesen General text book.

Product Information | A&P Technician General e-book - JeppDirect

These aren't pdfs though, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back