Wing insignia

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ryoko

Recruit
Jun 2, 2008
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what country/unit had a red triangle with a black border on it? I have a ww2 model that has this on the wings and fuselage and I'm curious where it is from.

Thanks in advance.

couple of quick pics. See the insignia.

Attachments

• AP32G6.jpg
    AP32G6.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 67
  • CAP_WWII_4xxx.jpg
    CAP_WWII_4xxx.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 67
If the background colour was red, that'd pass for an Austrian roundel too....

What is the function of the CAP, Chris? Are they a branch of the military, like a civil guard, or something?

from Civil Air Patrol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the civilian auxiliary of the United States Air Force (USAF). While the CAP is sponsored by the Air Force, it is not an operating reserve component under the Air Force or the federal government. Since CAP is not part of any uniformed service branch and its members are civilians, it is not subject to the laws governed by the Uniform Code of Military Justice. CAP is a non-profit volunteer organization with an aviation-minded membership that includes people from all backgrounds, lifestyles, and occupations. It performs three congressionally assigned key missions: emergency services (including search and rescue), aerospace education for youth and the general public, and cadet programs for teenage youth. In addition, it has recently been tasked with homeland security and courier service missions. CAP also performs non-auxiliary missions for various governmental and private agencies, such as local law enforcement and the American Red Cross."

They had a few machines at Reading and thats what reminded me of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back