Woman beaten on bus

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3

Pacific Historian
Jun 4, 2005
Orange County, CA
...Greene said the investigation into the incident was ongoing and she didn't know whether the attack had anything to do with the victim's race.

The suspects in the incident are black. The victim is white, according to the police report. ...

Woman beaten on bus
Printer Friendly | Email | Add to My News | Post comments Font Size: a a A A | Rank: # 1 of 10,868
Filed under: BALTIMORE , Luke Broadwater , Sarah Kreager
Sarah Kreager suffered two broken bones in her left eye socket after nine teenagers allegedly attacked her on a city bus.

Woman beaten on bus - Examiner.com

Sarah Kreager suffered two broken bones in her left eye socket after nine teenagers allegedly attacked her on a city bus.
Dec 6, 2007 12:00 AM (16 hrs ago) by Luke Broadwater, The Examiner

BALTIMORE (Map, News) - As Sarah Kreager, 26, tried to sit down on a Baltimore City bus Tuesday, police say, a middle-schooler told her she couldn't. When she attempted to take another seat, a middle-schooler wouldn't let her. Finally, according to police, Kreager just sat down.

She was "immediately attacked" by nine students — three females and six males — from Robert Poole Middle School. They punched and kicked her at 2:59 p.m. at the intersection of 33rd Street and Chestnut Avenue, according to Maryland Transit Administration police.

Kreager was dragged off the bus and her boyfriend, Troy Ennis, attempted to get her back on, police said.

She sustained "serious injuries" and had to be transported to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center, according to a police report.
Examiner.com Related Articles:

* Woman assaulted by nine teens on transit bus

Kreager suffered two broken bones in her left eye socket, police said.

"She had eye muscles that were damaged," a police report states. "She had deep lacerations on the top of her head and another above her neck."

Two seats and the bus' rear glass were destroyed during the attack, police said.

The bus driver on the No. 27 line quickly called police, who responded and arrested the nine juveniles, said Jawauna Greene, an MTA police spokeswoman.

All nine suspects, ages 14 and 15, were arrested and charged with aggravated assault.

Their bus tickets — provided by the school — have been revoked, Greene said.

"Riding the bus is a privilege," she said. "Public safety is our primary concern."

Greene said the investigation into the incident was ongoing and she didn't know whether the attack had anything to do with the victim's race.

The suspects in the incident are black. The victim is white, according to the police report.

Baltimore resident David Briggs, who lives near the crime scene, said the incident underscores Baltimore's pervasive crime.

"Now, I can't even ride the bus," he said.

Examiner Staff Writer Stephen Janis contributed to the article.

[email protected]

In Britain, if blacks attack whites it cannot be racist - but if a white attacks a black it's instantly racist. I'm glad to see that the U.S knows, in some manner, that it does go both ways.

This was a case of six black students at Jena High School in Louisiana who
beat up a white student, for no apparent reason. The cops came down on
them kinda hard which "upset" to local black people.

Charles

Hold on, wasn't there some prior altercation, a noose hanging from a tree? Don't get me wrong, I don't condone the violence, but I thought I read the "Jena six" was a case of race-baiting?

Hold on, wasn't there some prior altercation, a noose hanging from a tree? Don't get me wrong, I don't condone the violence, but I thought I read the "Jena six" was a case of race-baiting?

The blacks had their area, the whites had their area. Mutually agreed upon segregation.

The whole thing started when some blacks thought it would be neat to go and hang out at the white area. And that altered the status quo.

Do I understand the logic these kids use? Nope. Do I think it is stupid? yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back