World battlegrounds (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RabidAlien

1st Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2008
Hurst, Texas
It helps if you put it full-screen. Its really interesting, especially when you get into the 1600's and onwards. Central Europe just goes postal!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hsDn2kNriI

Funny, I've always thought about how hard would it be to put together something like a timeline-map of WW1 and WW2, showing just a basic red-vs-blue color to show where the lines were as the battles progressed, but with the ability to pause, mouse-over to get some basic details of any particular battle, and click on the battle to get in-depth history, photos, participants, etc. It would have to be a massive undertaking, though, and would be a HUGE presentation. Oh, and I have no clue how one would go about that. Heh. Still, it'd be cool.

Very interesting RA. I could not make out a lot of the smaller battles but when I get more time I will go back and watch it at a slower pace. I now have it added to my favorites on YouTube. Thank you for posting sir.:thumbright:

Apparently there are several others that are similar, there's one that documents the spread/migration of mankind from the various centers of humanity out into the rest of the world. You can also find a few other websites other than Youtube that has this one (we are blocked from Youtube at work, but with a little creative Google-ing....:evil4:), you might be able to find one that would allow you to slow it down a bit.

Airframes had one about WWII that was just fantastic with full animation, fronts, defensive lines and chronology. It was wonderful. I love this stuff, I truly think it helps those without a comprehensive understanding of how things unfold visually. Many people are more capable of grasping visual concepts better than text. Me? I'm a text guy.

Yeah, I think they just hit the major battles, and just put an explosion on the starting date, with the apparent size of the explosion indicating how major/long the battle was. They should have left flames burning for the duration of the war. Of course, Europe would have been in flames nearly continuously....

That was cool.

What a crock of ****.

The US Civil war was just a few pinpricks.

In four years, hundreds of battles, many of them big .... and nothing to be seen.

Well, let's put it that way... The US Civil War was an important conflict... for North-America. On world-scale, it was a war like many other. The most important battle of the Civil War must have been Gettysburg.

On a lighter note...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRyIMqXA_o8

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back