World War II On-line

Discussion in 'Other aviation games/sims' started by Teetwo, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Teetwo

Teetwo New Member

I don’t know if anyone besides me is playing this game on this forum but they offer a free two week account and I would love to show the game off to you.

World War II On-line

Click my sig to get to my squadron web site.

2. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

N/A
    Welcome to the forum. Happy posting...I don't play your game,though.

3. Teetwo

Teetwo New Member

Thanks Doughboy,

I was looking for some info on the DB 605A1 engine when I ran across this forum. I am quite happy I did because there is a treasure trove of information here.

4. beaupower32

beaupower32 Well-Known Member

Aces High II has a free two week trial with a bigger online arena.

5. Teetwo

Teetwo New Member

I too play Aces High "T2" and the size of the arena is not even close to being as large as WWIIOL. You should join me some time I would love to show you WWIIOL as its a totaly different combat experience then Aces High.

6. beaupower32

Is it worth comming over to WWIIOL. Only seen a little bit of it. So I guess I really cant judge it. What is your ID in Aces High. Mine is Karaya1

7. Teetwo

Teetwo New Member

Both games have their attractors and for me the biggest attractor about WWIIOL is the combat environment and I’m finding myself spending more time in WWIIOL these days then I do in Aces High. On the other hand I have some friends that prefer Aces high, mainly because of the larger aircraft selection in that game. I guess it just comes down to what you like but I would definitely suggest giving it a try. If you decide to let me know I would love to show it to you.

My Aces High handle is “T2”. I will keep my eyes open for you when I’m playing that game. I usually hang out in the AVA arena.

8. beaupower32

Ok TeeTwo, I got the two week trial. Call sign in game is Beau32. Ill be looking for ya.

9. Teetwo

Teetwo New Member

Hey beaupower32,

Great I will keep my eyes open for you. JG 51 holds one if its squad night tonight starting at 8pm Eastern. If you are able come join us for a sortie or two.

10. Bug_racer

Bug_racer Member

Tech
    I played for years and stopped recently when they did a patch that allowed the enemy to know when your at their airfield . There is no real stealth in that game . You approach a town the enemy knows . Next in the map it will probably mark out where enemy combatants are . They should get rid of that to allow secret ops missions . Until then Im staying away

11. phatzo

phatzo Member

nuts and bolts
    i done my two week trial and it wasn't for me. I just seem to have a much better grasp both strategically and as a pilot for AHII

12. phatzo

phatzo Member

nuts and bolts
    I fly FSO with 9giap and Karaya flys with us. Must get confusing " karaya check six, err karaya1, chit too late"

13. Chief

Chief Member

Operational Cleaner
    I tried WWIIOL. The problem was when I was in a plane. I turned the engine on and just turned left on the runway.:oops: Never got enough airspeed. Luckily I was using the Offline-tutorial map and spared myself from embarrassment.

14. Bug_racer

Bug_racer Member

Tech
    Dont worry I sat at airfields and watched everything stupid happen . Crashing into hangers , flipping the plane , mowing down the trees . Its so funny watching a spit full throttle on the ground go through bushes then straight into a tree . And the landings were just as bad with some people . Airfields can also get pretty busy !

15. Frantish

Frantish Member

This game is not for the faint of heart!

I get my kicks trying for greased on 3 point landings, even if half my wing is shot off. :D

Hiya T2!

16. Szyporyn

Szyporyn New Member

Home Page:
    Quite old thread, but the game is still very much alive - and the air war has been awesome as of lately.

There is nothing that beats the feeling of flying for a purpose, knowing that that flight of bombers you intercepted did not make it to pound our factories so our supply did not get hurt.

Or knowing that below you are ground pounders fighting over towns, and that you help out by killing the enemy before he becomes a problem for your friends below.

We now have Free To Play as well, so anyone can give it a go.

If you fly british, then give the Badgers a holler! If you play axis, then call on JG51 - both our squads are very much active and up and running (click my sig to check out our website)

S!

17. Frantish

Frantish Member

WarThunder and even World of WarPlanes may be the big talk, but WW2 Online is STILL going, and is gaining some strength again.

WT turned off many hard core players because of the "mouse cheat".
    It is a fun game, but after getting high tier stuff becomes very arduous. Or you spend huge sums of REAL money to get them.