World War Two Doctor Who!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Waynos

Staff Sergeant
May 18, 2008
Hi gang, I've just seen an amazing new trailer for the new series of Doctor Who and there's even something in it for us (as well as the pretty red head)

I thought my eyes were decieving me but no! Look carefully and you can see a BRITISH WW2 Dalek! All in Khaki, with blackout covers over its lights and a union jack under the eyestalk and SPITFIRES attacking Dalek Saucers!

I will definitely be taking a look at this to see what the hell is going on, lol.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_7S_EpnBk

Cool. Like that show but only see it every so often. Got a little too PC during the last doctor's run.

Darn, can't watch youtube. I'll have to take your word for it. Dr. Who has has a resurgence since the old days. I think Tom Baker was probably the most popular of the old Doctors. I saw some of the new ones a couple of years ago and I liked the new Doctor. Unfortunately it doesn't play at any of my local stations. :( Would love to see it though. I seem to remember that there was one episode a few years back where he was in England during the blitz. That was when he had that blond with him and everyone was afraid of a little boy in a gas mask. :) Good episode.

PC, how? I can't say I noticed anything like that myself.

Sorry Waynos, I can't give you a specific instance of it as I haven't watched it in a bit and I kinda forget what bothered me, specifically, about it.

I do remember some of the scenes being overly dramatic. I mean, what is more dramatic than the spaceship Titanic crashing into the Earth! Evidently, it wasn't enough.

On the other side, I though the episode "Blink" was very cool. A neat idea.

Too true, and the guy that wrote blink AND the 'gas mask' episode is now in charge of the show.

Too true, and the guy that wrote blink AND the 'gas mask' episode is now in charge of the show.

I think the "gas mask" episode that you speak of was a 2 parter called something like "The Empty Child". It was a fantastic episode, and I only saw the first part! Actually it has been the one and only episode I have ever watched. Also what made this episode great was the He 111's raiding London!

Tom Baker was the last Doctor I watched on a regular basis. Might have to pick back up and start watching again!

I think the "gas mask" episode that you speak of was a 2 parter called something like "The Empty Child". It was a fantastic episode, and I only saw the first part! Actually it has been the one and only episode I have ever watched. Also what made this episode great was the He 111's raiding London!

I watched every episodes of Doctor Who of seasons 1, 2 and 3... I gave up on the fourth when my work schedule changed and I could no longer watch the show.

That "gas mask" episode was also the first time we met Captain Jack Harkness... A character who gave birth to Doctor Who's gay-ish spin-off : Torchwood.

I watch the show all the time over here in Australia. I am quite a fan of the program.
Anyone who watches it regularly on this forum?

We know that the Daleks and the Cybermen were part of the time-war in the mythology of the show. I wonder whether they were originally created to act as the perfect warriors. Davros although mad, would have needed a large range of research material and subjects to create the Daleks...

The Doctor only tells us that the Daleks came from Skaros. Interestingly enough, the Doctor under Christopher Ecleston was just starting to become a bit more open about his past when suddenly he was gone. I hope Season 6 which starts filming in 2011 provides some interesting backstory to the Doctor. It would be a shame if they totally dropped the issue of his past after the two part special which saw the return of the Time Lords especially Rascilon in the commanding form of Timothy Dalton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back