Would you believe "Fireball" Roberts sent me? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LUKE'57

Airman
Oct 20, 2008
I found out about this board on one of the model car boards I post on when a link to one of the posts on your "off topic" section talked about the '50's and '60's stock cars.

I build exactly that kind of model almost exclusively now but I got my start back in the fifties with the Aurora, Monogram, and Hawk plastic aircraft kits. I've been an aviation buff ever since I figured out that those weren't noisy birds I was running out to look at go over my parents' house.

I had a family friend that was stationed on a carrier that would bring me prints and models and take me to the movies, not to mention let me ride in the back of his convertible and monopolize his girlfriends when I was 8 or 9.

I gravitated to the car kits when I was around 12 and got into the race cars a few years later when I started going to the track to see the real cars and meet the drivers.

I've done research for the diecast and plastic industry and wrote some articles for the racing press but now do a lot of photo work for my son's website and other boards I post on combing fullsize people and models.

Here's a few of my photos to show you what I do. I'm really looking forward to sharing with the members here and learning even more about one of my favorite things WW2 Warbirds.

NEWSHOP1.jpg

aaamail.jpg

CORSAIRPOST.jpg

109spit.jpg

Dscf1587.jpg

Welcome Luke!! Those pics are awesome! I actually thought that first one was full size. Lucky should be along and he could chew the tobacco with you about early muscle cars. Great looking models! And photoshop work! :)

Thanks guys. I might just have to do some new aircraft stuff since ya'll seem to like it. You know, those drop tanks might just revolutionize whiskey runnning. And those six fifty calibers makes road blocks not nearly as big a problem as they used to be. LOL

p51aPOST.jpg

Did I mention the magazine covers with the models on them?
turnerSI.jpg

Thanks everybody. I'll have to see if I can dig up that Corsair shot that won me a little money in a "what I did this summer" photo contest at work several years ago. Seems they couldn't tell the difference between the Pacific and my front yard. Could it have been that really close up shot of a Monogram 1/48 F4U? LOL

I say Old Boy, this Colonial banter is beyond me, don't you know!
Hang on! A Swede, living in Scotland, talking American 'automobile' lingo....!
Whatever next? (He, He He!!!)
Sorry, haven't a b****y clue how to insert a smiley thingy!

I say young man. Just click on the "POST REPLY" down in the left dear boy, then you'll get some smileys to the right of this field, to use in your reply....some of them are easy to remember...tally ho!

well welcome from the Great White North and hope you enjoy the forums. it seems you're pretty good with photoshop, you should head over to the siggy section after. Lots to do and help out with in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back