WW II Movie Produced by Korean (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shinpachi

Lieutenant Colonel
Feb 17, 2008
Osaka
"My Way" being released in Korea in December, 2011 and in Japan in January, 2012.

This movie is said based on a true story that a Korean and a Japanese fought for Japan to be captured by Russians.
To survive, they fought for Russia to be captured by Germans. Finally, they fought for Germany as German soldiers......

Sorry but I have no comments.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OynJ1xiAhNs

Last edited:
I do ..... :) and I will go and see it.

Anything that broadens western minds and prompts questions and dialogue about the past is welcome. Movies are a powerful medium.

Season greetings, Shinpachi :)

MM
Proud Canadian

Thanks MM for your comments:)
I would be grateful if anyone knew about its historical fact.

Merry Christmas, MM and guys!

Thanks for your comment vB and confirmation Capt.Vick:)
I'm glad to know this movie is not totally a fiction.

Thanks Wildcat.

Time has been changed.
When I was in Korea thirty years ago, older people hesitated to speak Japanese in public.
In the movie of Korean version too, they speak Japanese with no hesitation.
Good time has come.

Should be interesting. My wife watches a lot of Asian TV on the internet, lots of shows have parts in Japan and others parts in Korea, bilingual actors.
Seems some healing over time has occurred.

Several years ago, there was a Japanese comic 'Happy Tiger' telling a story about a Japanese army soldier who fought for Soviet Union to reach Germany.
I thought it was a perfect fiction but this time..... Wow!

That comic is said originally introduced in Model Graphix .....

61SkyIAae0L.jpg

I very recently watched a movie on DVD, telling the story of a group of Student Soldiers defending a school at the beginning of the Korean War, also a true story. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title, but I feel sure it was the same Producer, and certainly one of the same actors. If this is anything like the earlier movie, it should be excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back