WW2 aircraft manufacturers in house publications

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MiTasol

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2012
Aw flaming stralia
I decided to start new threads on WW2 aircraft and engine manufacturers in-house publications. They contain a wealth of data on what was going on at the time, including designs that never progressed off the drawing board.

Because they were a morale raising publication they naturally contain a strong bias towards the manufacturers own goods and their own country. They often also cover what faults were fixed in the products and a wealth of other material

I will provide links to sites I have found and I will update it as I find more and if anyone can provide links, or scans of other in house and Field Service publications for the other airframe manufacturers such as Boeing, Lockheed, NAA, etc it will make this thread a good source of data and interesting "what if's"

Where practical I will also upload the magazines themselves so that if the original site dies or changes the path to the file the forum copy is still available.

Airframe manufacturers wise I am starting with:
..... Curtiss Fly Leaf, staff magazine from Curtiss (which started long before ww2)
..... Consolidator, staff magazine for Consolidated
..... Ryan Reporter, staff magazine from Ryan

Other airframe manufactures publications include the following, though I have never seen any of these.
..... Bellringer, Bell aircraft
..... Consolidated Vultee News
..... Boeing Field Service News
..... Boeing NEWS, later Boeing Magazine
..... Douglas Airview
..... Lockheed - Vega Aircraftsman
..... North American Skyline, published bi-monthly
..... The Bee-Hive,
by United Aircraft Corporation for its employees, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft, Hamilton Standard Propellers, Chance Vought Aircraft, Sikorsky Aircraft, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Corporation of Missouri, United Aircraft Service Corporation
..... The Martin Star

I will upload the Fly Leaf first in the next few posts and then The Consolidator and Reporter in a separate post or two after that.

Engine manufacturers pubs are at Engine manufacturers in house WW2 publications

Happy reading

The only Curtiss Fly Leaf magazines I have at present came from The Hawk's Nest - An Online Resource for the P-40 Warhawk on the page The Curtiss Fly Leaf and are attached below. I have purchased the following original magazines and will now have to wait for them to arrive (if AusPost do not lose them) before I can scan and upload
  • Jul-Aug. 1942
  • Jul-Aug. 1943
  • Sep-Oct 1943
  • Nov-Dec 1943
  • Jan-Feb. 1944
  • May-June 1944
Note the v27 n1, Mar-Apr 44 magazine below says vol 17 on the cover

Attachments

• CFL v22 n1 Apr 38.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 287
  • CFL v22 n2 Summer 38.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 196