WW2 Books

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alecras234

Senior Airman
351
2
Sep 6, 2018
Hi my name is Ash and I like in the United Kingdom. I'm 48 and I'm disabled and use a wheelchair. I've suffered head injury which makes learning and understanding new things difficult and frustrating. I'm interested in ww2 and I am reading a book which only focuses on main events and gives the general outline of ww2. It is enough for me to understand about the conflict aswel as watching documentaries on ww2. I would like to ask you I saw images of war books which cover the conflict but with tanks, are there any similar books that talk about the various aircraft. Osprey books maybe? Thanks
 
Nice to see you again, Mate. I hope you are fine.

To answer your question ... there were a lot of battles where planes were used. There are tons of the books that cover all the WW2 periods in the general way or in the very detailed one. Also if you would like to get to know the techical data there are books containing this for all aircraft used. So, all depends on what you want to find out. Well .. because the WW2 in the air is a broad topic I would suggest to divide it into several periods I mean the campaignes.
At first it could be the airwar over China and Spain in 30' for instance ...

China ...
china2.jpg

china1.jpg


Spain ...
spain1.jpg

Spain2.jpg

Spain3.jpg

spain4.jpg
 
Thanks for that, nothing German or RAF? 109's, 262s? I read books on kindle but couldn't find those books for kindle on amazon.
 
Thanks for that, nothing German or RAF? 109's, 262s? I read books on kindle but couldn't find those books for kindle on amazon.

This is a beginning only , Alec. As I have mentioned that above the airwar WW2 is a broad topic. The next parts of the history could be the September Campaigne in Poland in 1939 and then the Battle of France in 1940 and then the Battle of Britain and so on.
However if you interested in the German Luftwaffe and RAF kites only you should find the books covering the Battle of Britain for a start. But please notice that Bf 109 were also used in the Spanish War , the Battle of France. Anyway there are tons of books for the time period.

For instance ...

bb3.jpg

bb2.jpg

bb1.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back