WW2 Re-enactment=awesome!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How usual was it for the Kubelwagens and the US Jeeps to have the pedestal mounted machine gun? Was it only used for special operations or was there a smattering of them through the fronts?

That Kublewagen looks like a type 181 which has been made to look like a wartime one. Never heard of a Kublewagen having a machine gun on a mount, but then German stuff isn't my area of expertise.

This is a Gaz 67 that a guy in our group has.

2782014810047446039UVQmAC_ph.jpg

Okay, so the ones with a machine gun on the Kubelwagen mounting might not be correct? Would be interesting to know whether there were any produced, and if so how many...

Well I've checked and some of later war 82's did indeed have a mount for a MG42 - not at all common and for air defence purposes though.

Reason beinging that they're ostensibly a staff car/recce vehicle, so not really intended to be in shooty situations.

Same as the Gaz 67 - I can't imagine where you'd find space in the back to put a DP-28, DsHK, or Maxim anyway! Two guys in the back with Papahshas would be just as effective.

Okay, I looked up WW2 Kubelwagen and I have found an answer that the Machine Gun Kubelwagen was designed in 1937 at the same time as the regular non-machine gun Kubelwagen. I am not sure how many machine-gun Kubelwagens were deployed as opposed to the non-machine-guned Kubelwagens...

Nor am I, I haven't seen any original pictures of a KW with one, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. My gut instincts would say they're on the unusual side though.

Generally with regard to reenactment, you're always better off going for the common-place rather than the exotic.

Yes, interesting question though, the Machine Gun Kubelwagen. I know that the Machine Gun Jeep and SAS jeep weren't that common really and yet they are better known... Reckon there could be a gallery for reinactments in the photo section as I love some of those photos you posted. Keep em coming if you have more please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back