WWII Aircraft Maintenance Vehicles Equipment

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

macmullin

Recruit
Hi Guys, My name is Dale MacMullin, I am a Canadian, a WWII Aviation and Military enthusiast, a new member, and this is my first thread here in the your great forum.

I have been trying to gather information, and detailed drawings about all the different kinds of ground equipment that would be needed to service WWII fighter and bomber aircraft (for both Allied and Axis powers) such as:

Unique Aircraft Maintenance Vehicles (fire, fueling, towing, spare-parts, etc)
Bomb Loading Equipment
Electrical Charging Heating Equipment
Hoists, Cranes Mechanical Equipment

I would like to build a few 3D models of these items and eventually use them as resource materials for some future aviation paintings I plan to create.

So.... if you have any leads, links or pictures - I would be grateful for your input.

Regards,

Dale MacMullin

Here are few pictures Ive taken at the EAA through the years.

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 333
  • Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 358
  • Scan0003.jpg
    Scan0003.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 318
Few more through the years

Attachments

• Picture 042.jpg
    Picture 042.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 398
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 350
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 322
Wow Micdrow,

These are great! This is quite an impressive group of vehicles. I am familiar with the basic Dodge WC-51 but the partly M3A1 Armored Personal Carrier / Mad Max truck is quite a unique item. I am sorry but I am going to have to ask… What was its particular purpose!?

The scooter and bomb dolly is another item I have never seen as well. I can well imagine that it would be very useful on a crowed aircraft flight deck. Thank you very much. I will have to start looking at the other items you have posted. This is a great start!

Dale

The primary duty of the M3A1 truck was to be used as a high speed scouting vechical though it could be used to carry bomber crews to there aircraft at least from what I heard from talking to a WWII mechanic I had the pleasure of talking to at the EAA this year.

Those Jeeps are pretty spacious.....

Hi B-17engineer, if you are talking about this two pictures they are not a jeep's but a 3/4 ton 4x4 truck's.

Attachments

• Picture%20041.jpg
    Picture%20041.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 273
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 288

Users who are viewing this thread

Back