WWII Female Pilot To Be Honoured...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There are many people of both genders that recieved little or no recognition for their wartime activities ,an example would be civilian flight instructors , or merchant seamen in Canada
in the article they mention a better safety record I would hope they had a better record they are doing a different type of flying for the most part they were ferrying aircraft from the factory or maintainence depot to squadrons , there was no mock dogfights, tail chases , gunnery training etc
If you read about the job these women did and it was very significant task they performed but the point they fail to make is how these women were able to fly so many varied aircraft at least in the Commonwealth where in one day you could fly several varied types From a Sunderland to Typhoon to B25 all without a checkout

And alot of them were airplanes that had recently had battle-damage repaired, too, if I recall correctly. So there was even some question about whether they would fly right at all!

RIP. It seems that my memory is getting worse...I can vaguely remember the story, but can't place the source. Did the History Channel have a documentary on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back