WWII movies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's amazing, I like planes too!

Welcome...

My best WW2 movies, I loved Das boot and Band or Brothers
I thought the Caine Mutiny was great entertainment and Bogart was brilliant. Ice Cold in Alex is a classic too.
I once heard a BBC radio play version of The Enemy Below and it was truly superb as the tension created by the opponants not being able to see each was amplified by the listener being in the same position.

Thirty thousand rounds expended and not even a broken fingernail, marvelous Adler and what Mr T could do with an old van two sheets of corrugated iron and a welding torch was amazing :D

Attachments

• a-team-season2_457.jpg
    a-team-season2_457.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 359
Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, Midway, Sands of Iwo Jima, Patton, Windtalkers, Tora! Tora! Tora! I think were some of the best WWII movies made!!!! :) [/i]

Attachments

• infantry_edited_114.jpg
    infantry_edited_114.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 363
There's a new movie coming out about a POW breakout in the Philippines in 1944. I'm anxious to see this. My mother-in-law's father was on MacArthur's staff and was captured at Bataan.

Yeah it's called The Great Raid, it was actually filmed a couple of years back but the release date got postphoned because apparently it contains some beheading scenes which the movie company didn't think it was appropriate to release at the time when hostages where being beheaded in Iraq. So I read anyway. This movie was filmed near my home town in Australia and they auctioned off alot of the gear when they finished.

favourate british war film the battle of britain.the aerial shots are trully out of this world.spitfires ranging from mk2s up to 24s were used to replicate mk1as.on the documentary the making of the film a mechanic had to replace a mk 16s 5 blade propeller with a 3 blade and the teardrop canopy was a nightmare to be replaced by the 2 pice hood.

my favourate american film has to be the battle of midway.the archive footage they shown in that film made you feel as though you were actually on one of the ships right in the middle of the action.it was interesting to see the avengers on deck turn into dauntless once they were in the air and how tom garth (charlton hestons screen son) crashed his wildcat onto the deck.before he pranged he was wearing his helmet yet when he hit the deck the real pilot in the scene from archive footage yet again wasnt wearing any headgear.the other feature the wildcat changed to a hellcat as did george gays devastator when he crashed into the sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back