XP-69 update

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tomo pauk

Creator of Interesting Threads
Apr 3, 2008
Hello,
I've stumbled on two web pages that give some good informations and schematics of the Republic's fighter that never was, the XP-69. Main 'ingredients': Wright Tornado engine (that never made it as it was hoped/expected) located in the nose, counter-rotating prop, two 37mm cannons + 4 .50s, Fowler flaps, turbo, coolers and intercoolers located behind pilot.

Republic XP-69 Fighter
Republic XP-69 Inboard Profile

In the first link, lo0k at the drawing. The caption states the leading edge is distorted while the trainling egde shows something else. Note the horizontal tail and then look at the second picture below the drawing. The entire horizontal tail is distorted in the drawing, leading me to think the drawing was heavily creased and simnply not copied FLAT. I could be wrong ... but it looks like the drawing as show is simply creased rather than flat, and it isn't readily apparent by out-of-focus lines.

Good find ,Tomo! I've wanted more on this interesting but rather obscure aircraft design for a long time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back