XP-77 wooden plane that's TOO bright (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hawkeye2an

Staff Sergeant
Mar 18, 2009
St Joseph, Missouri
Went to paint my XP-77 and it came out TOO shiny. This is a wooden plane painted silver. I used a metalic paint from Krylon that I got at a Hobby Lobby. Gives me some great ideas for NMF. This was sprayed on directly after putty and sanding, NO primer. I think it looks as shiny as Alclad with much less trouble. Takes forever to dry competely though.

Attachments

• XP-771.jpg
    XP-771.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 175
  • XP-772.jpg
    XP-772.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 181
  • XP-77paint.jpg
    XP-77paint.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 160
Wow! That's ceratainly gleaming ! It will be great for those areas of a NMF model that are supposed to be highly polished. Don't think I've seen Krylon in the UK, which is a pity. I doubt if I'd have much luck with it though - never have had enough control for spraying models from an aersol, especially now that my hands are knackered.

WOW that looks nice! (But I guess just not for this wooden wonder huh? Shame!) It really looks like it was cast in metal and polished. Why don't you mount it and make it like a streamline/art deco piece of "sculpture"?

Wow! That's ceratainly gleaming ! It will be great for those areas of a NMF model that are supposed to be highly polished. Don't think I've seen Krylon in the UK, which is a pity. I doubt if I'd have much luck with it though - never have had enough control for spraying models from an aersol, especially now that my hands are knackered.

My thoughts exactly. Could be just the missing piece I need for a couple of NMF projects I've been putting off for a while, like my dad's unit's RF-84Fs. I've had that Heller kit on the shelf for a LONG time, think I'll dust it of and give it a go.

whoa. I wonder if I can find that at Michael's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back