Xtracrylix

Discussion in 'Painting Questions, Tutorials and Guidebooks' started by tigerdriver, Sep 7, 2011.

1. tigerdriver

tigerdriver Member

Pie Sales
    Home Page:
    Anyone used these much

I live quite near to Hannants ( this is not a good thing ) and they seem to be quite like them.

I like the way the colours are named correctly whereas with the vallejo air stuff i have been using its a bit of a faff checking colours are the right ones etc . Having said that they do spray nicely ....

2. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
  3. stona

stona Well-Known Member

I use them all the time. I thin with water and use a drying retarder,without which I did have clogging problems. I use the Liquitex retarder,a drop or two straight into the paint cup as part of the thinning.
    Cheers
    Steve

4. BombTaxi

BombTaxi Active Member

I've used Xtracrylix for a while now (I used to live quite close to Hannant's London branch, and you're right, it's not always a good thing!) I tend to do most of my painting with hairy sticks, but i have sprayed them too, and they're good for both tasks with a bit of thinning. They are probably the most accurate colours out there in terms of colour matching, well worth the investment I think