XV Squadron Stirling N6016 LS-G any Photos ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Colin_01

Recruit
Apr 12, 2009
Hi,
I'm new to this, so apologies if I've not followed the correct protocol.

I'm interested if anyone has any photos of this aircraft, ( or any photos of XV (15) Squadron around 1941 ).

My father was shot down in it and I'm trying to gather as much info as I can, I have all the other details, but no photos, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi You may have photos now but my Dad (a New Zealander) was also shot down in this plane. I have photos of him and a crew in front of a Stirling but not sure if it's N6016. You can E mail me on [email protected] and I'll scan or post you a copy. I'm living in the UK at present and am trying to find out what pubs the crew drank in while at Wyton and Alconbury so I can visit them. Per haps you can help me there. Regards Boyne Annesley

Thank you Boyne & Steve so much for your messages, I just saw them and if you do have any photos of the aircraft or crew that would be fantastic as I haven't been able to find any !

After so many years without any replies to my original post I'd given up any hope and had stopped checking the website after the first few years but for some reason today I had another look and couldn't believe there were two replies !

It's also fantastic to know that your Dad was a crew member with my father when they were shot down, I have copies of their operational records showing that they flew on many sorties together, I'm more than happy to share anything I have with you if it helps.

Boyne: I did try to email you but your email address didn't work so hopefully you'll see this message and get in touch.

Best regards
Colin

No pictures but some info

The only pic of a Stirling coded LS-G I found , is the enlarged one. It is quite difficult to state if it's the N6016 but it's very likely that's the bomber.

Stirling_LS-G_15_Sqn.jpg

the source: Stirlings LS-S. LS-G and LS-T of 15 Squadron RAF | World War Photos

Hi Eleanor/01 and welcome. I'm sure The Knowledgeable will be along soon.

No pictures but some info

Thank you :)

The only pic of a Stirling coded LS-G I found , is the enlarged one. It is quite difficult to state if it's the N6016 but it's very likely that's the bomber.

View attachment 693023
the source: Stirlings LS-S. LS-G and LS-T of 15 Squadron RAF | World War Photos
Stirlings of No. 15 Sqn.; the nearest machine is N3675, one of the 260 original Rochester-built aircraft. The machine in the air is
" Mac Roberts' Reply", the Stirling bought for the R.A.F. by Lady Mac Robert after the death of her three airmen sons, two of them
in combat. Profile Publications, Short Stirling

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back