Yabba Dabba Doo!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bucksnort101

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 11, 2007
Minnesota
What a Neanderthal.

Man tries to drive home using feet as brakes — unsuccessfully
Police: Driver of brakeless pickup hits 4 cars when he is twice unable to stop for red lights

ClickonDetroit.com
updated 8/18/2011 6:23:42 PM ET 2011-08-18T22:23:42
Print Font: +-ROSEVILLE, Mich. — The feet of a 24-year-old Detroit-area man failed him as he tried to use them to brake his pickup on a busy highway.

Stampede! C'mon — what's not to like?
Hoof it over to Facebook to join the weird news herd.
..Roseville Police Deputy Chief James Berlin said the man rolled about two miles on Groesbeck Highway while sticking his feet outside his truck in attempts to stop it, hitting four vehicles along the way.

Berlin said the man admitted he knew the brakes weren't working but wanted to get home because he was tired and had to go to work the next day. The chief called it a case of "moronic decision-making," reported The Detroit News.

He was unable to stop the truck at a red light at the intersection of 13 Mile and Groesbeck, ran the light and hit two vehicles, Berlin said. He continued on and hit two more at another intersection, Berlin said.

He said the driver was finally stopped when an officer caught up with him and told him to put the truck in park.

"I just can't believe anybody would think for a second they could make it home using their feet as a brake," Berlin said.

Story: Drivers see baby in truck bed, call police
No one was injured during Wednesday afternoon's accidents, but the man received a citation for reckless driving. Berlin said the man passed field sobriety tests, but his driver's license also was suspended at the time of the accidents.

He faces charges of reckless driving and driving with a suspended license.

"It's so stupid, it's comical. But it could have been very tragic," Berlin said.

Msnbc.com contributed to this report.

540Share.

Man tries to drive home using feet as brakes

Been trying to find/remember where I saw/read this but I recall hearing/reading some time ago about the police stopping a car that was being driven very eradically. They found that the owner-driver had no brakes. He had cut a hole in the floor - perched a concrete block over the hole attached by a chain to the frame. When he wanted to stop, he kicked the block out the hole, which dragged on the ground until the car stopped. Reel in the block, poise it over the hole and on to the next stop. Red-necks, ya gotta love 'em

Heh. I think that's a universal stupidity...I've seen some pretty clueless rednecks, even where machines are involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back