Yet another new guy (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 28, 2010
Stopping by to say hi. From the screen name you can probably guess where my interest lies.

I was in the RAF for 8 years followed by another 8 years working out in the Persian Gulf on contract to an Air Force there, where I was a Loadmaster on C-130's.

My real love is the RAF and specifically anything to do with WW2, specifically of course the Battle of Britain. I truly believe the young men that flew in the BoB (and everyone associated with it) were the bravest that Britain has eve seen and without them all of Europe would still be speaking German. I am now living in the USA in Virginia (and have been for about 20 years) after marrying a Yank in London (!).

Although I have always had the keen interest in the BoB and the aircraft that took part in it, I have just really started getting into it again and have been dusting off my library of books and pulling them out of storage boxes and re-reading them.

So I want to find out what books on the Battle of Britain others have, recommend or think are "must haves" on the subject and compare it with my collection. Which forum is best to post my current possessions in and have others add the books they think I should have in my collection?

Cheers!

Chris knows this family well so welcome. We can always use another who likes WW2 history. I get more from books than the internet and my favorite BOB book is "Duel of Eagles" by Peter Townsend.

Hello mate and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us.

... Which forum is best to post my current possessions in and have others add the books they think I should have in my collection?

Maybe the best place to start a thread about your book collection would be in "Modeling Books and Magazines" section, since more then just modeling books are debated there.

Modelling Books and Magazines - Aircraft of World War II - Warbird Forums

Last edited:
Hi and welcome from your old country. I'll post a list of BoB books when I've sorted which ones I have - some are individual accounts, whilst other, like 'The Narrow Margin' are bibles!

Hi and welcome from your old country. I'll post a list of BoB books when I've sorted which ones I have - some are individual accounts, whilst other, like 'The Narrow Margin' are bibles!

Thanks for all the greeting. As suggested I started a thread in the Modelling Books and Magazines forum and listed the books I have now. Looking forward to finding out what others recommend or what they think is THE one book on the BoB I should have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back