Yet another t-shirt thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And so on...

Attachments

• Bristol_Beaufighter_Australia_1.jpg
    Bristol_Beaufighter_Australia_1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
These are all different as if you hadn't guessed...

Attachments

• Bristol_Beaufighter_Australia_2.jpg
    Bristol_Beaufighter_Australia_2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Ah well, that's how it goes... just as well none of these are on public sale... ;)

Attachments

• Curtiss_P40C_Australia_1.jpg
    Curtiss_P40C_Australia_1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Nice work Clave. Shame about the b.s. Just one point I think Skippy needs a tilt to the left on the roundel. Nose at 9 oclock tail at 3.
Really nice artwork.

David.

It would seem to me Clave that this same line of stupid reasoning would apply to a painter who does a canvas of a P-38 or F-16 then sold it, would it not. What can you say about corporate America. Even Disney wanted to copyright the name "Seal Team Six", don't figure.

Nice work Clave. Shame about the b.s. Just one point I think Skippy needs a tilt to the left on the roundel. Nose at 9 oclock tail at 3.
Really nice artwork.

David.

Thank you - I have fixed the roo now... :)

It would seem to me Clave that this same line of stupid reasoning would apply to a painter who does a canvas of a P-38 or F-16 then sold it, would it not. What can you say about corporate America. Even Disney wanted to copyright the name "Seal Team Six", don't figure.

Indeed - I think there is justification for example in Mickey Mouse, or Donald Duck t-shirts being closely guarded, but when military organisations get in on the game it seems pointless - their income is not in any way derived from the sales of clothing... it's just retarded... :mad:

The RAAF and RAF alike are jumping on the 'that's our roundel' bandwagon... again, why should they care? They have multi-billion budgets from government and they are worrying about a few prints or t-shirts?... again, retarded...

Just a final clarification before I put up some more pictures:

These designs are not for sale - send me a private message if you want to buy one

There, that should cover it... :D

A new addition that I missed earlier:

Attachments

• Auster_3_Australia_1.jpg
    Auster_3_Australia_1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 238
Hey, Clave, I know how you feel! I have had several run-ins with Lockheed lately myself. Most of them have been on Printfection, but they seem to be working Zazzle now, too. Legally, they have trademarks to most of their aircraft names for use on apparel. Note that it is their names, and not the image, they have filed trademark on. (Also note that, as of this writing they do NOT have a trademark on the Lightning listed in the USPTO database, although I don't suppose that would stop them from filing a DMCA, anyway)

They are well within the law to enforce their trademarks this way...in fact, according to trademark law, they must...but I think the ethics of the whole thing underscore the need for this country to reign in corporate abuses of power. This company rakes in billions of taxpayer dollars for government contracts for these aircraft and yet still feels the need to squeeze a few more bucks out of the licensing of their images on t-shirts? I paid for these airplanes. I think I have a right to depict them in my artwork and sell that art, even if it happens to be on a t-shirt. (This begs another ethical question: why is it art when it is on a piece of canvas, but a product when it is on a t-shirt?) They have rapidly turned me from a fan of their company's products to a very vocal detractor.

I wrote a rant about it, and similar perils of aviation art, here: http://fritzthefox.com/fritznews/?p=7

Hi Fritz - I read your article - it is nicely put and straight to the point!

I thank god that English Electric, Hawker, Junkers, Messerschmitt, Supermarine etc. etc. are no longer in business...

I'm going to continue on with this thread for quite some time I think, and see what happens...

This little button is my helper now:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 247
I had yet another intellectual property violation notice yesterday saying I can't use Royal Air Force or Royal Navy...

I'm getting near the end of the line with the whole aircraft drawing thing to be honest - being blocked and hassled at every turn is pretty off-putting..

I have one more throw of the dice, and I'm going to try a couple of possibilities:

First is plan views, with a single plane like so:

Attachments

• Gloster_Gladiator_Mk2_GB_605Sqn.jpg
    Gloster_Gladiator_Mk2_GB_605Sqn.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 261
The second is 'triple view' like so:

Attachments

• Supermarine_Spitfire_Mk1.jpg
    Supermarine_Spitfire_Mk1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 294

Users who are viewing this thread

Back