Your best picture (2014) of the year

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
Yellowstone...

Attachments

• October 2014 022.JPG
    October 2014 022.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 310
Hell's Teeth ! You mean I have to trawl through something like 7,000 pics to find just one !
This could take some time .................

Hell's Teeth ! You mean I have to trawl through something like 7,000 pics to find just one !
This could take some time .................

Try tolling through 60,000+! I had a couple in mind when I first read through.

This one stands out as my favorite. This one was taken September 6, 2014 over the Pacific Ocean near Ventura, California. Getting to take a photo of a Mustang air-to-air is always a great treat. But having a WWII veteran who flew combat missions in one sitting in the back seat makes it a clear winner for me. 93 year old Marion "Rodge" Rodgers flew 69 combat missions with the 99th Fighter Squadron based at Ramitelli, Italy. It was his wish to fly in a Mustang again after 50 years since his last flight. It took a lot of effort and patience by the crews at the CAF to get him in and out of the aircraft, but they did so and with all the dignity and respect this hero deserved.

Attachments

• 7x5_EVG_9201.jpg
    7x5_EVG_9201.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 263
Did a motorcycle ride from Colorado via Wyoming, Montana,Banff to Jasper. What beautiful country up there....

Heck, Eric, 60,000 shots in a year - that's a lot of time behind the camera !

I couldn't choose anything, as I don't really have a favourite shot - what's exciting to me could be mundane to others.
So I chose this one, taken at the closing of the village pub last Saturday night, and an appropriate image with which to see in the New Year.

I'd been taking some exterior shots, and had left my drink on the table outside the pub. It had frozen to the surface, and the moisture around the glass was just starting to freeze. I liked the way the lights from the Christmas tree reflected in the ice. Hand held, available light, with the little Fuji bridge camera, as the battery had just died on the Nikon.

Attachments

• DSCF0078.JPG
    DSCF0078.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back