Your Favorite Recipe's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
I know some of us in here have to be good cooks. How about sharing one of your favorite Recipe's for the other members to try out.

Country Fried Steak with Gravy

1 -2 pounds sirloin tip roast
1 teaspoon salt, to taste
3 cups unbleached flour
2 tablespoons pepper
vegetable oil, for deep frying
2 tablespoons unbleached flour
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
parsley, for garnish
Preparation:
Cut the meat into 1/2-inch thick slices. Pound the meat with a meat mallet to tenderize. Cut each slice crosswise into 3 pieces. Place in a large bowl. Cover

Combine the flour and pepper in a plastic bag and add the meat, 1 piece at a time, shaking to coat thoroughly. Heat the oil in the deep fryer or a large deep skillet, over medium heat, to 350°. Add the meat in batches (do not crowd) and fry until light brown, about 1 minute to 2 minutes per side. Drain the meat on paper towels and place it on a heated platter and cover lightly with foil to keep warm.

To make the gravy, pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the oil in the skillet, leaving the browned bits. Heat over medium heat and add the flour, stirring and scraping up all of the browned bits for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk. Stir in the salt and continue to whisk until thickened, about 1 minute. Serve over the steaks. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I just gained 5 pounds reading that recipe!!!

My specialty is home make BBQ Pork Spare ribs with Pigs Worst Nightmare Apple rub and home made BBQ sauce.

First the Pigs Worst Nightmare Apple Rub (stolen from member of a BBQ Forum)

6 Tbsp Ground Dried apple (slice apple very thin and dry in over or dehydrator, have to be very thin slices to dry crispy).
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp Turbinado Sugar
3 Tbsp Coarse Salt
1 Tsp Sweet Paprika
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper

Brush a thin layer of Yellow Mustard on a slab of Pork Spare Ribs. This gives the rub something to stick to and helps form a "bark" on the ribs, does not give ribs a mustard taste after it is cooked. You could also use Olive Oil.

Evenly coat spare ribs with Pigs Worst Nightmare Apple rub, pressing it in firmly.

Throw ribs in 225-250 degree F smoker. I use regular charcaol with some Cherry wood in the fire for smokey goodness. Cook for 3 hours. Pull ribs and wrap in foil. Put back in smoker to 2 hours. After 2 hours, pull ribs out again and remove foil. Cook in smoker for another 1 hour. Try to maintain a 225-250 degree temp in the smoker for the entire cook.

Ribs are ready to serve after they flex when they are pickedin the middle of the slab with a pair of tongs.
I take it an extra step sometimes and mix up a batch of home made BBQ sauce. Can't give you that recipe, as I would have to kill you afterwards. Put ribs on a regular charcoal grill, and slather with sauce. Do not put cover on grill as it will flame up. Flip and cover second side with sauce. Do this a couple time until ribs start to get nice and gooey. Be careful not to let the BBQ sauce burn as there is a lot of suger in most sauces and will burn. I've used store bought BBQ sauce with this and it turns out well, but my home made stuff is the best (stole the sauce recipe from my friends father;)

Almost forgot the most important step, a case of good beer. Seeing as this cook takes over 6 hours you will need something to keep you hydrated;)

Last edited:
Both of those sound great! I made Krumkake (Norwegian Christmas cookies) a couple days ago. The only trick to this one is you need a cookie press to make these, which you can find online.

* 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1/2 cup flour
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 1/2 tsp. freshly ground cardamom
* 6 Tbsp. water

Mix them all in a bowl. If your using a old fashion iron press (like I have), heat it on the stove under medium to medium/high heat. Put about 1 tbs on the press and close. Should cook for 15 seconds on each side. rotating the press just keeps an even temperature on the press.

Remove and roll. Makes about 3 dozen.

I Can't wait for Rochie to post something!

Attachments

• krumkake.jpg
    krumkake.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 141
I'm not reading anymore posts to this thread!!!!! Daggone it I'm trying to loose weight, not gain it;)

The one thing my dad and I can cook... is

Buffalo wing/ Chicken Dip (We use Buffalo wing)

4 chicken breasts (or any kind of boneless chicken meat)
1 bottle blue cheese sauce
1 package cream cheese
1 small bottle Frank's hot sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese

Boil (or simmer) chicken in water (or optionally, chicken broth) for 30 minutes or until cooked.

Heat oven to 425°F.

In an oven safe dish, spread cream cheese along the bottom. Shred chicken into a separate bowl. Add blue cheese sauce and Frank's hot sauce (depending on how hot you'd like it).

Spread chicken mixture over the top and sprinkle with mozzarella (too much cheese will make it hard for dipping).

Cook for 20 minutes or until cheeses becomes bubbly.

Serve with tortillas or Triscuits.

OR this way either works...

3 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 jar Marzetti's blue cheese or ranch
1/4 cup Nance's buffalo wing sauce mild
1 8-oz.pkg. cream cheese softened
Tabasco sauce (optional)

Boil chicken until tender (let Cool).Then shred or chop finely. Mix together dressing and Buffalo sauce. Use Tabasco sauce to fire it up to your desire. Spread cream cheese in a 9x13 baking dish. Mix chicken in to dressing. Then pour over chicken mixture over cream cheese evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool and serve with Tostitos Dips tortilla chips.

Should look like

http://www.rojosgourmet.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/buffalo chicken dip.jpg

when done.

Last edited:
H, that looks good!!!! I love Franks sauce, but it needs the Tabasco just for the extra kick in heat.

OK. Here is another of my favorites, and it's heart healthy too, NOT!!!

ABT's, aka Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Hollow out or halve an Jalepeno Pepper, if you don't like the heat remove all seads and the white inner membrane from each pepper, if you like a little heat leave that in. Fill pepper with cream cheese, some people like to add seasonigs to thier cream cheese , then press in a little smoky cocktail wiener, or anything else you want. Wrap the whole works in a strip of Bacon (hey it's got bacon so it's gotta be good). Skewer the whole works with a toothpick and throw it on the grill until to bacon it cooked. Best done on a smoker though;)
Serve with a good cold beer (seems to be a theme with my recipes).
Some guys like to throw a little bit of a hot pepper, like a Habanero into one of the ABT's just as a little suprise to the unexpecting.
Oh, my mouth is watering right now!!!!

Attachments

• atomic-buffalo-turds.jpg
    atomic-buffalo-turds.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Honey Chicken

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 bottle French or Catalina dressing
1 envelope/packet dry onion soup mix (I prefer Lipton Recipe Secrets Golden Onion)
1.5 pounds chicken

Steps:
Mix all ingredients.
Either cook in crock pot on low for at least 6 hours, or heat oven to 350 and cook until juices run clear.
Simple!

Fairly simple.... I'll go check the refrigerator in the garage and see if we have extra chicken...for some reason we have 2 fridges...?

Ha! Awesome....someone else who uses Franks!!!! I LOVE Frank's hot sauce!

My wife does most of the cookin. I'm not bad, but don't have much of a signature dish myself.

This is the easiest recipe I have

Chicken
Take 1 cut up whole chicken (or chicken parts) and lightly mist with oil, then salt and pepper.
Broil in an oven for 30 minutes approx 3 inches below the heating element

Sweet Sour sauce (I picked up in collage):
Equal portions of ketchup, mustard and honey

enjoy

Easy, fast, and dam tasty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back