Your least favorite aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Your least favorite aircraft of WWII.

Opinions only, no facts.

Id say the P-51.

Sorry, I kind of goofed this up. This post is originally from silverfish and I kind merged ****, don't know why.

Last edited:
Hi,

Surely you can supply some details behind your opinion?

I regard the Beaufighter MkII as my least favourite aircraft, purely because I think it looks rather unattractive with Merlin engines.

river

ps: I followed the link in your sig and checked out your forum. If forums were aircraft, your's is a Botha, but I'm sure that over time it will improve into a Roc. :eek:

Does the forum look better now?

I do not want to start another fight about the P-51 so I wont say anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
ME262,meteor etc I'm not a fan of WW2 blowlamps, if it aint got a suck squeeze,bang inside and an air screw they give the impression that they belong to another era and not WW2

This is where tyou can really let fly about what you think about the P-51 Silverfish as it is clearly an opinion thread, and you you what they say about opinions, they are like arseholes. Everyone has one and they all stink :D

But isn't this thread the same as the one I started only a few days ago?

Huge price tag + poor performance (at least in the early versions). Someone in the U.S. Army Air Corps should have just said NO to this aircraft design.

I do not want to start another fight about the P-51 so I wont say anything.

Don't be a baby...

There is no problem with you not liking it. I think you missunderstood why people were argueing with in the other thread. The reason behind that is because you stated false facts as to why you thought it was not best, such as saying it was inferior to other aircraft, which is was not. When you were asked to say how it was inferior, you could not do so, but kept claiming it.

So having said that, you can tell people why it is not your favorite. You are entitled to your opinion.

Now as for my least favorite:

I think that it would have to be the Dewoitine D.520. I can honestly say that I can not find anything about that aircraft that I like. I don't like the way it looks, its overall performance (which was not bad or anything), absolutely nothing...

imalko said:
Same thought occurred to me too.
Silverfish you should have checked this thread before starting another one with same topic...

Good call, I am going to merge these threads...

Edit: I will leave this one open, because it does not necessarily have to do with illogical hate of an aircraft. For instance my least favorite is not because of an illogical hate.

I dont like the P-51 becuase [OPINION]I feel that it lacks performance[OPINION], by that I mean real climb rate compared to other Planes, not the most agile and I hear about it all the time.
And I'm not talking about IL2

Last edited:
Fair eneogh that is your opinion. I disagree about the performance. I think if you would actually do some research you would see that its climb rate was equal or better to most other aircraft.

But that is your opinion. The research is up to you.

I used to love the P-51, and I studied it all day and other planes and its very heavy for its power compared to a corsair or somthing.

It should have had the Griffen engine in it all along.

Blame it on the Brits. The Mustang was designed to a British specification. The P-51B and later versions were powered by a British designed engine. If the British had arranged for the Griffen engine to be built by Packard and installed in the Mustang then the best U.S. Army Air Corps fighter of WWII would have been even better. :)

Brewster Buffalo....... Ugly
Bloch MB.210....... Uglier
Boulton-Paul Defiant....... What were the designers thinking?

TO

Last edited:
As far as looks I've never cared forlook of the FW-190 D-9. Long snout just isn't very attractive IMHO. That Bloch MB.210 is pretty butt ugly as well.

Boulton-Paul Defiant....... What were the designers thinking?

Oh, unkind! Considering the specification it had to fulfil I think they made the most of it. It was ordered as a bomber destroyer and there is little doubt it would have acquitted itself well if the Germans had sent bombers over from Germany. Events proved otherwise when the Germans over-ran France and were able to station their aircraft just the other side of the Channel, which meant their fighters were able to reach England. Against single seat fighters the Defiant had little chance as it was slower and less nimble. Can you blame the Air Staff of the 1930s for raising the specification? Who would have thought that the French could have been defeated in such a short time? Just shows that trying to read the future isn't easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back