Zoukei Mura J2M3 Raiden (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Aircraft No.5 in the Zoukei Mura Super Wing Series 1/32 kits will be the Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden or 'Jack'

here is what may well be the new Box Art...awesome !

Attachments

• Raiden_SWS Artwork_10b010.jpg
    Raiden_SWS Artwork_10b010.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 476
...yeah as far as i know only the top forward had four 50's. Anyone know what those "rockets" are in the background?

Imagination :D Its kinda crazy box art but it gets the imagination flowing I guess, not everything has to be historically accurate on these to be considered "cool " :D I would say the two red things are UFOs :S :D hehe :) sorry had to have a bit of a chuckle at the two flare type objects :)

ZM really do amazing models :D

Interesting! This is my box art for Zoukei Mura, and this is the first time I've seen it announced online. But this is not the version I sent them to use, so I'll have to contact them. The first rendition had none of these 'tracer' elements, and they requested that I add gunfire from the B-29. But at this angle that gunfire would be right at the viewer, and to be accurate it wouldn't look like much of anything except gun flashes. I showed them this effort to illustrate my point, that it looks off. But they wanted 'action' in some way, so I added random tracer fire in the background that implies other B-29s out of view. The flares were an afterthought to try and justify better lighting on the subject - always a tricky business in night images, especially with the moon behind. I know that flares were used on night ops, and frankly that was good enough for me.

I think I did five or six versions of this painting, each with different variations of the flares, tracers, and gunfire (from none at all, to more than this). The one posted above - minus the B-29 gunfire - is what they chose.

Here's the version I sell as a limited edition:

J-Raiden-4.jpg

- Ron

Last edited:
Just heard back from Zoukei Mura and this is not the image they'll be using on the box art - the box art won't have the fire from the B-29. Great!

Thanks for the comps, guys! I enjoyed painting this. Now I'm working on a commission for Tom Reilly of his XP-82 Twin Mustang. Needs to be done before Christmas!

- Ron

Wow epic, now I feel like buying a ZM kit of this one and then buying one of your prints :S My wallet will never learn the concept of "save" :( maybe next X-mas :D

Really stunning work :)

Wow epic, now I feel like buying a ZM kit of this one and then buying one of your prints :S My wallet will never learn the concept of "save" :( maybe next X-mas :D

Really stunning work :)

Thanks, Vick and Rogi! Watch out for their next Skyraider, too, in USAF markings. That was my first commission for them:

A-Skyraider-1.jpg

The Skyraider should be out soon, and the Raiden next year. After that . . . I'm pushing them for either a Mosquito or Ki-46 'Dinah'.

- Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back